PDA

View Full Version : Did I misplay every street?

ISF
05-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Villan was pretty laggy but not horrible. Like a 40/20/2. Had check raised me on the turn with second pair a few times, but has also slowed down with top pair when i raised him on the turn. I think the river raise was probably pretty horrible, had a few horrid beats in huge pots and may have been tilting a bit. I really need to stop playing on tilt.
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.
I really called here mostly for meta game considerations. Realize its probibly not a short term +ev call.
Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I really need to check here doubt I have any fold equity and raising really sucks. Right?
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.
How horrible was this river raise?
Final Pot: 13.50 BB

stripsqueez
05-24-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.Hero raises

[/ QUOTE ]

you didnt misplay this street

[ QUOTE ]
I really called here mostly for meta game considerations. Realize its probibly not a short term +ev call

[/ QUOTE ]

i realise your argument is crap - you dont need a meta game to beat chooks

[ QUOTE ]
I really need to check here doubt I have any fold equity and raising really sucks. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep - a loose 3 betting pre-flop chook will never fold to this bet and so far you have a joke hand to showdown

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very - he said he had a rock on the turn so a pessimistic call seems best

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

JrJordan
05-24-2005, 01:04 AM
You said meta game considerations for the flop, so I'll take your word for it. I think we both know it's probably not a great call though. Turn I probably bet as well, unless I have a read that he's been tricky before. He might just fold it here. On the river, I just call after the c/r.

phish
05-24-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villan was pretty laggy but not horrible. Like a 40/20/2. Had check raised me on the turn with second pair a few times, but has also slowed down with top pair when i raised him on the turn. I think the river raise was probably pretty horrible, had a few horrid beats in huge pots and may have been tilting a bit. I really need to stop playing on tilt.
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.
I really called here mostly for meta game considerations. Realize its probibly not a short term +ev call.
Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.
Final Pot: 13.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion, for what it's worth:

Pre-flop: with an aggressive loose player in the SB, I usually throw Q9o away, even on the button. But raising isn't too far out of line.

Flop. I agree with your call. Raising and folding automatically in this situation against an LAG is simply not winning poker.

Turn: checking is best. I would think that this type of player would tend to bet the turn and fold if raised if he has nothing. So his check is a bit scary. I'd take the free card.

River: This is a bad raise. Especially since you couldn't even call the reraise. There is always that tiny possibility that he just played wacko and bluffed you off the hand.

Chobohoya
05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I dont think you misplayed every street...
Preflop is fine.

I think you can fold the flop. Any pair outs you have are tainted, and your ~1 runner out isn't enough to swing a calling getting 8-1.

Check behind the turn, this dude's not folding. I think your description of the river raise is spot on.