PDA

View Full Version : I've been waiting for one of these...

Justin A
05-24-2005, 12:09 AM
Playing some 5/10 on Party tonight, cool situation came up that might just be spewing chips.

One limper to me in the CO, I raise with 88, both blinds call and limper calls.

Flop Jc 7c Jh. Checked to limper who bets, I call, SB raises, limper calls, I 3bet, they both call.

Turn pairs the 7, which isn't my favorite card. Checked to me and I bet, they both fold.

Moozh
05-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Seems like a clear-cut flop raise, but then I don't dislike your line either. There was no realy pre-flop aggression, so you're very likely ahead here. If you raise, you'll shut down the field (which might be what you want). I guess if you're feeling your inner gambool, it's a decent play. What's your line on the turn if the flop is called through? Raise I assume.

Oh, and don't post the results you newbie.

Brunger
05-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Why no flop raise. Also the 3-bet seems ultra strange although really represents a J which probably convinced the flush draw or draws to fold.

eric5148
05-24-2005, 01:47 AM
I don't understand calling the flop. Don't you want the blinds to fold overcard(s)?

chesspain
05-24-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand calling the flop. Don't you want the blinds to fold overcard(s)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A
05-24-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like raising the flop because it screams that I don't have a jack. I figured just calling the flop and reevaluating on the turn was best course of action because it gives me more information about what my opponents are holding.

Furthermore, it's unlikely for the blinds to be calling this flop with overcards, because most of the time they won't have overcards here. One overcard hands will fold this flop to one bet usually. I run the risk of letting a hand like AT or A9 in.

eric5148
05-24-2005, 02:39 AM
Your goal is to protect your vulnerable hand and win the pot, not wait around for information.