PDA

View Full Version : C.H.U.M.P Round 3 thread

bottomset
05-23-2005, 11:56 PM
well I was busy all weekend, and really wanted to get some normal games in so this kinda got put on the backburner

the following 2nd round matches to my knowledge have not been played

chopper77 vs the_rookie
sthief09 vs handsome
kenberman vs olliejen
hedxcold vs cnfuzzd

if you have played please either post in here the results or pm me them .. if not please play ASAP

I plan on getting this back into a regulated time frame so lets get all the matches done by Thurs Midnight Eastern time if possible

thanks
Josh

btspider
05-24-2005, 01:15 AM
observation/question:

i was reading the brackets and the lack of a true 64 man bracket setup means the double-elimination aspect breaks down for the final 4, right?

when we have 2 winners champs and 2 losers champs, then shouldn't the two winners bracket champs face off in the true 64 man bracket?

the loser of that match would still be alive and face the winner of the two losers bracket champ match. the winner of that match would face the winners bracket champ for the final match.

either way works, just think we should be explicit. someone with 1 loss would automatically end up finishing 3rd the way it is now.

bottomset
05-24-2005, 01:23 AM
I was thinking that each half would playout to a final champion .. and the champions of each bracket would play for the final overall winner

the loser bracket survivor jumps backinto the top when 2ppl are left, and has to win back to back to win .. the last undefeated guy needs to win just 1time

the overall winner of C.H.U.M.P and M.I.L.F play for first prize, I would like it to be a best of 3

djg40
05-24-2005, 01:29 AM
I like bottomset's idea a little better, now that he has fleshed it out a bit. However, the Final match should be at least a best of three, if not five or seven. The variance in HU play seems to be quite high, so maybe we should try to eliminate as much as possible for the Finals.

Just a thought.

Dan

TripleH68
05-24-2005, 02:06 AM
In the loosers bracket...CHUMP game 36.

TripleH68 defeats irishpint in 305 hands by finishing with a boat, 9s full of aces. Good game irish.

irishpint
05-24-2005, 02:09 AM
'twas a good one, no complaints here. other than the 2 hours and 300+ hands. but it was fun and worth it. cheers to bottomset for organizing the tourny!

cold_cash
05-24-2005, 02:34 AM
It seems you're next on my hit list.

I'm not sure when the third round matches are supposed to start, but just shoot me a message whenever you're ready to face my wrath.

VBM
05-24-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

kenberman vs olliejen

[/ QUOTE ]

hey josh,

ken won this. thx,

--oj.

bottomset
05-24-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems you're next on my hit list.

I'm not sure when the third round matches are supposed to start, but just shoot me a message whenever you're ready to face my wrath.

[/ QUOTE ]

just play your normal ring game and you'll be fine

Sarge85
05-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Sarge and Detruncate locked it up for third round action.

I believe we started around 5:15 PST, and "finished at 7:45 PST. I didn't write it down, but at least 400 hands in the match - that resulted in a deadlock tie.

The match was halted just before the season finale of "24".

The match could have been over much ealier as I had him All-In against my AA, but the either flopped (or turned) straight kept him alive.

At that point I skillfully gave it ALL back to him, and nearly 3/4 of my stack as well.

Fortuately my luck box prevailed and now we're back at $2.00.

Hopefully we'll wrap this up tonight.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

detruncate
05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I believe we started around 5:15 PST, and "finished at 7:45 PST. I didn't write it down, but at least 400 hands in the match - that resulted in a deadlock tie.

The match could have been over much ealier as I had him All-In against my AA, but the either flopped (or turned) straight kept him alive.

At that point I skillfully gave it ALL back to him, and nearly 3/4 of my stack as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently I don't think these matches are enough challenge for me unless I quickly dump all my chips and start playing once I'm HU.

Detruncate has been outplayed so far and hopes to make less of an ass of himself in part 2.

SomethingClever
05-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Tiltaholic and I got started last night... he had me on the ropes, then I battled back to take a $2.30 to $1.70 lead before we had to take a break.

We'll resume tonight at around 5:30pm Pacific.

Tilt, can we put a time or a hand limit on the match tonight? Like, whoever is ahead after an hour or X hands wins? I can't play much more than another hour-ish.

BatsShadow
05-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Regarding the time schedule:

It looks like we are not gonna finish by the end of next week.

Public Announcement:

I am getting married next friday! (6/3) I will be in Hawaii with no access to a computer until the 13th. If you guys were awesome, you would delay the tourney a week as a wedding present /images/graemlins/smile.gif

We should continue till then of course.

Please?

SomethingClever
05-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, now I'm embarassed.

Tilt just informed me that he will be unable to complete our match and has accepted defeat $2.30 to $1.70.

We did get a good 150 hands or so in yesterday, and it was an epic battle back and forth. I was down to about $0.30 at one point.

But, I was able to open-fold when he flopped the nuts with remarkable consistency, which allowed me to get back into the match and luckbox my way into the lead.

GG Tiltaholic and good luck with the house.

SC

DMBFan23
05-24-2005, 09:35 PM
me versus docmartin on Guangxi

Sarge85
05-24-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently I don't think these matches are enough challenge for me unless I quickly dump all my chips and start playing once I'm HU.

Detruncate has been outplayed so far and hopes to make less of an ass of himself in part 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luck smiled on Sarge today.

Sarge over a tough Detruncate in i think 145 more hands (over the 450+ from yesterday)

detruncate
05-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Good match.

DMBFan23
05-24-2005, 10:08 PM
so after I had him all in he's charged back to 1.00

DMBFan23
05-24-2005, 10:42 PM
DMBFan23 takes down the MILF hunter DocMartin in 160 hands. I have no excuse except that I got AK like 3 times, AA twice, KK once, 99 at least 4 times, and rivered a crapload of winners after taking free turn cards. I was kind of tommy-like with a lot of my pair hands, doing the call-call-call thing a lot in position.

out of position, I had 4 plans with pairs+, in order of dominant use throughout the match

1. c/c flop and turn
2. c/call flop, bet-3bet turn
3. c/r flop, bet turn
4. bet flop, c/r turn

I thought I mixed that up really well. it's hard to say because i stole some pots, but he blew me off some hands I'm sure with some turn raises.

one thing I'm not sure I did do in position enough was follow through on turn bets. I was taking enough free cards with my draws (too many of which hit, sorry dude) that I really needed to be betting my A high and K high hands on the turn some more I think. I think I encouraged a little too much flop peeling, knowing he'd see two cards for one small bet far too often. EDIT: I guess this means he checkraised the turn the right amount against me

sexypanda
05-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately Krishan conceeded his round three match against me... and I was looking forward to getting my ass kicked by a 5/10 shorthanded regular.

pokerrookie
05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
In something like 400 hands, bt(flopapair)spider defeats poker(bluffatthewrongtime)rookie.

By far, my most frustrating session of poker in a long time. Losers bracket, here I come, and I may be tilting a bit!

Well played bt!

djg40
05-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Jesus Christ, BatsShadow was a lucky person tonight. He beat me in like 270 hands. It wasn't even fun at the end, when I knew I had the best hand until the river, only to have him catch his inside straight draws, two pair draws, etc. Jesus Christ.

That is all I will say for fear of getting censored. Suffice it to say I think I played well, and was just really, really, really, really unlucky.

djg40
05-25-2005, 12:05 AM
That's not meant to make BatsShadow sound like a bad player, because he isn't. He played well. Good luck.

BatsShadow
05-25-2005, 12:08 AM
He did play very well. I did catch lots of rivers. I wished he would J.C. less, but all in all I had fun.

djg40
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Bats, if that offended you, then I am deeply sorry, and I apologize. I did not know it offended you, or I would never have done it. I am sorry.

Good luck in your future matches.

btspider
05-25-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In something like 400 hands, bt(flopapair)spider defeats poker(bluffatthewrongtime)rookie.

By far, my most frustrating session of poker in a long time. Losers bracket, here I come, and I may be tilting a bit!

Well played bt!

[/ QUOTE ]

quality match. we were even after 300 hands and then i went up $3 to $1 when the deck smacked me in the face for awhile. eventually our break even oscillations tilted far enough in my favor. could have gone either way and thank goodness we weren't playing 100 BB's. 3 hours is a long time considering the pace of play.

DMBFan23
05-25-2005, 12:17 AM
I think luck willed me to victory as well.

BatsShadow
05-25-2005, 12:47 AM
No problem. I should've said something rather than complaining in public.

Good luck to you as well.

DocMartin
05-25-2005, 01:04 AM
I now have an inkling of what my first two opponents must have been going through. I bet fearlessly into rivered gutshot straights on at least 5 occasions and value called my nuts when raised. DMB was entirely too clever and never payed me off on my bigger hands while I felt the need to see his monsters at showdown.

I will be out of town until Monday (it may take that long to recover from my thrashing). Then I will be back and refreshed to take down the losers bracket.

DMBFan23
05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
I think it was the J.C.-ing specifically, not the complaining. either way, water under the bridge I'm sure.

bump

Sarge85
05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I plan on getting this back into a regulated time frame so lets get all the matches done by Thurs Midnight Eastern time if possible
thanks
Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

What level should we be on?

Speaking for myself, I'm going to be out of town this weekend - holiday weekend, and I am wondering if some lee-way will be given. (I'm going out on a limb and I am assuming I won't be the only one not around a computer this weekend)

DMBFan23
05-25-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C.H.U.M.P (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=106691)

M.I.L.F (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=106203)

[/ QUOTE ]

in case you didnt have em bookmarked. I didnt.

Emmitt2222
05-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Emmitt2222 beats nottom in the losers bracket because I caught every card imaginable. I may not have any luck at 3/6, but I can crush the .02/.04 game with lady luck.

bottomset
05-26-2005, 04:22 PM
still missing results to these 3 second round matches

chopper77 vs the_rookie
sthief09 vs handsome
hedxcold vs cnfuzzd

reubenf
05-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Reporting from the MILF losers bracket round 3: reubenf defeats sin808 in 263 hands. After 45 minutes (150 hands) we were dead even and I felt we were going to go very long again. Then the deck smacked me in the face repeatedly.

sin808
05-27-2005, 01:57 AM
well played. I had a tough time getting an idea of what you were holding alot of the time. I ended up calling down with alot of losers. OTOH, I was getting married to alot of hands, so that's mostly my fault. I did notice you were playing raise or fold pf alot of the time. I was able to steal alot from you by raising junk pf, or 3 betting and then leading the flop. Seemed like if you called on the flop though you were seeing a showdown. Made it near impossible to make any kind of a bluff on the turn. Unfortunately those steals weren't enough to make up for my utter lack of skillz. I was pretty well crushed the last 30-40 minutes or so.

SCfuji
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
loser's bracket players. any updates?

wyoak
05-27-2005, 06:56 PM
i'm hoping to catch up with cooker and play this weekend....

milesdyson
05-27-2005, 06:58 PM
I thought grunch posted it in here, but he forfeit our match after his decision to take a break.

So I guess it's me and itsmesteve in game 43 in the MILF bracket?

bottomset
05-27-2005, 07:38 PM
ok I think its up to date now

sthief09 vs handsome
hedxcold vs cnfuzzd

still haven't played

SCfuji
05-29-2005, 01:08 PM
i will keep bumping this thread until people finish up their matches.

Rev. Good Will
05-29-2005, 04:06 PM
grrr... no response yet from mmbtOne...

me wants to play

wyoak
05-29-2005, 04:36 PM
cooker if you see this today (sunday) get ahold of me on AIM and we'll play

DMBFan23
05-30-2005, 06:27 PM
is this still happening?

cold_cash
05-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Bottomset and I still need to play also.

Maybe today if I can get ahold of him. If you see this, holler at me.

MrWookie47
05-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Seriously dude. I want to see who wins this thing before bottomset gives up on the remaining players and finds a better use for our $320.

afk
05-30-2005, 06:57 PM
reubenf and I are hopefully playing today or tomorrow or something

afk
05-30-2005, 09:08 PM
reuben and i are playing right now

afk
05-30-2005, 09:24 PM
reuben hoses afk in 123 hands!

reubenf
05-30-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reuben and i are playing right now

[/ QUOTE ]

reubenf defeats afk in 123 hands and stars is rigged. afk showed restraint to not once mention how well I was catching cards.

afk
05-30-2005, 09:29 PM
hahaha it's very true. But I can't complain since I got this far by being smacked on the head by the deck. You actually folded preflop to a lot of my good hands.

I think I played way too aggressive and I think you played too passive. It seemed like you only continued if you had a hand, yet I still managed to trap myself with decent second pair-type hands. Still though, well played it was an interesting match. If I were to have one suggestion I think it would be to call me down more and loosen up preflop against someone who is too aggressive.

afk
05-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey reuben I do have one question: What was your hand here?

(admittedly I got a good case of FPS on this hand)

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (1 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

reubenf
05-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Qd2h

adsman
05-31-2005, 01:04 AM
adsman beats chopper77 after chopper comes back from being almost all in to recover up to $1. Thanks to chopper for the game and for being patient when my connection decided to go haywire.

btspider
05-31-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is this still happening?

[/ QUOTE ]

we have to play, but i was waiting for a round 4 thread and for my results from last week to be put up.

DMBFan23
05-31-2005, 10:53 AM
yeah, I was gonna wait as well, as soon as these fools tie up their loose ends

kenberman
05-31-2005, 11:29 AM
unfortunately, DeathDonkey hasn't been on 2+2 in about a week.

DeathDonkey are you out there?

if not, I'll happily take my 2nd victory in a row, by virtue of the 2 sweetest words in the English language:

De-Fault!

Sarge85
05-31-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is this still happening?

[/ QUOTE ]

we have to play, but i was waiting for a round 4 thread and for my results from last week to be put up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me and BatsShadow are going to hopefully lock horns tonight.

That would be Round 4 action - should we wait?

bottomset
05-31-2005, 07:25 PM
sorry my sister graduated this weekend, and I had to work a lot

I'll go through and get everything uptodate

if you have a 4th round opponent, and can play go ahead and do so

all the 3rd round matches that haven't happened please get them done ASAP

Cold_cash get ahold of me on AIM tonight so we can play: reflection97

ClaytonN
05-31-2005, 08:03 PM
I default to toss for round 3. He wins.

CN

droolie
06-02-2005, 01:02 AM
brain stomped me like a narc at a biker rally in the losers bracket. I never led and was thoroughly outclassed. My weak act is finished but I had lots of fun. Good luck guys.