PDA

View Full Version : LIMIT ring games

stanzee
05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Does anyone ever play limit SNG's regularly? I've got next to no experience playing limit, but the 3 times i've (accidently) joined a table, i've finished 1st. I do have a dislike for limit hold 'em, but just wondering if anyone has played enough of a sample size to know if you can potentially have a much higher ROI and ITM then you could possibly get playing NL sngs?

valenzuela
05-23-2005, 09:57 PM
mmm... ure talking about limit sng, also 3 is not a huge sample size. But I prefer NLHE for the following reasons:
a)they take less time
b)the skilled player has more edge.
c)In higher buy-ins( which should be our long term objectiv) they are practilly no LHE sngs

bluefeet
05-23-2005, 10:00 PM
I sat down in one by accident - sat out, and decided I would rather pluck taint hair for 2 hours instead /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nah dude...just too damn boring for me.

Me: "I bet, ummmmmm 30!"
Villian: "Fool, do NOT mess with this........60!!"

Iamafish
05-23-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Me: "I bet, ummmmmm 30!"
Villian: "Fool, do NOT mess with this........60!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha.

I think they are easier, but I played the 20's limit at pokerroom when i first started (1500 chips). You'd raise to 600 on the bubble and they'd fold. If they called or reraised and no ace/king hit the flop, you bet and they'd fold.

The only problem is it took about an hour and half to win them. And when you had AA or KK you wish you could push.

treeofwisdom7
05-23-2005, 10:14 PM
limit ring games arent that bad.. but i think limit sit n gos are just stupid just like limit tourneys.. DUMB!

the only time i play limit is heads up.. that is a game of skill!

grimel
05-24-2005, 02:24 AM
I've only played a few limit SNG's (60ish). I'm ITM about 40% over 5 or 6 sites. Usually, I sit in one by accident. I have a simple strategy - nut peddle until the blinds >200/400. Then I treat it like NL.