PDA

View Full Version : 4tbl multi ~~ BAD IDEA

treeofwisdom7
05-23-2005, 09:35 PM
well everyone on this site that makes 50k a year suggests playing 4 or more tables at a time sooooo. last weekend i decided i would give it a try. my 1-2 table ITM is around 50% while i get a ROI of about 10% maybe more on just 1 table.. welll sooo i played at poker stars 6+.5 9 handed games 4 tables..

friday night - slight head ache with a mild +swing in my bankroll. felt great thinking wow pokerstars is an easy site and i can 4 table. i thought i was a good poker player at that point..

SAT Morn- Today is poker all day , day! Started off feeling great but i had a small hit to my bankroll so i was down 5 buy ins.

SAT Night- FUK! FUK! took another 10 buyins down but this must be varience right? so im gonna play till 12pm watch a movie and sleep

SUNday- DAM LIFE! why dont i end it now..... well im BROKE ASS and acting and looking like one too. so i decided to hang with my g/f. At this point im pissed at the world thinking im the worst poker player on the world.. *which might not be far from the truth** ..

then something magical happens.. my gf which i beat in heads up poker 100/100 times.. well limit heads up anyway. she decides to give me advice. she says, "hun you gotta focus on one game at a time so you know whats going on in that game."

HAHA thats it im not ready to play 16 tables at a time or even 4 tables at a time but i sure am the man on just one table.. so

SUN night- BACK TO KIKIN ASS!

Th

valenzuela
05-23-2005, 09:42 PM
yawn..small size perhaps.

treeofwisdom7
05-23-2005, 10:10 PM
yah about 100+ so it is a small size but i ran my bank too the ground.

maybe its best to master 2 tables 1k games with a 20% ROI before its a good idea to play 4 tables.. or maybe i shouldnt have ran my bank into the ground again..

time to start over again

TH

Newt_Buggs
05-23-2005, 10:31 PM
I added one table at a time. Once I got completely comfortable with 2 I went to 3, then to 4. Many players here jumped to 4 quickly from two, but I doubt that this is the best strategy for many. Once I got to 4 I started going for the higher limits and don't plan on going past 4 until I get one more step up to the 100s

Blarg
05-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Dude, do you have ADD or something? Why do you keep screwing around? You already know, and have posted about it and gotten comments about it numerous times, that you're not a big winner yet, so there's no point adding in more tables until you patch up your game.

An ITM of 50% with an ROI of just 10% means you're having significant to severe problems in heads up and/or bubble play, if your getting those stats from a significant sample size. It sounds like you're folding into 3rd place and don't know what to do when you get there, but that's basically just a wild guess.

Anyway, adding in tables is for when you start to get more comfortable and profitable on the tables you're already on. A 10% ROI with a ITM of 50% suggests you need more study, and adding more tables isn't going to do a thing to help you. You'll make a lot more progress learning to play well the tables you're at than by adding more, which could even set your learning process back.

treeofwisdom7
05-23-2005, 11:54 PM
only reason i tried is because i wanted to see what would happen.. and people keep saying to 4 table..

i get the point its a bad idea

beeyjay
05-24-2005, 12:25 AM
i dont know who says to 4 table. theres a lot of people that talk ABOUT 4-8-200 tabling but I can't ever remember seeing someone advise someone with your experience to multitable. In fact I really thought a while ago you had a post asking if people thought you should add tables and everybody said hell no.

NYCNative
05-24-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm too big of a pussy to multitable. That and my bankroll couldn't take a sustained hit if I hit a rough patch.

Bluff Daddy
05-24-2005, 01:17 AM
do you have a big enough monitor?

NYCNative
05-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Not really but even if I did, I wouldn't do it. I prefer to concentrate on the ganme as it goes. I play the 11s which means it's not very smart to pay money for the software that tracks players so I try and do that myself.

I have done great in local games and only decent in online poker. I believe that has a lot to do with figuring out my opponents. Not as easy to do online and it would be damn enar impossible if I was flipping back and forth between different tables.

That's just me. By all means, pro SNG types can do whatever they want...

Blarg
05-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Someone single tabling or double tabling like you're doing probably has a better chance to learn quickly and move up quickly than do people playing lots of tables, all other factors being equal.

Apathy
05-24-2005, 02:38 AM
12 tabling = nuts.

treeofwisdom7
05-24-2005, 03:08 AM
i did seem to learn stuff even tho i went bankrupt again. i started to develop a sense of what my opponenets are thinking im thinking and their actions..

ex. i raise if i have the lead. and everyso often i'll get reraised and have to lay down a hand like AK.. but just this weekend i understood something new while i was 4 tabling *it was like i had the force* i understood that someone was raising me becasue i had been betting as a standard after the flop. when they re raised i pushed all in becasue i knew they were thinking that i didnt catch but was betting to steal. thinking this i thought my AK was still the best hand and therfore pushed.

i also started to understand betting patterns more.. but im not sure why im starting to see this only after playing 4 tables..
anyway i'll post more hands later..!

TH

The once and future king
05-24-2005, 06:25 AM
One table of 11 NL SNG. I think Id rather put my dick in a meat grinder than endure the mind and soul crushing boredom.

Surely you can manage two tables?