PDA

View Full Version : Adding T9o to my repertoire

CrazyEyez
05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Should I lead the turn? Should I fold the river?
Thanks.

shant
05-23-2005, 10:03 PM
I usually lead this flop. That would lead into me leading the turn when I hit top pair.

Michael Davis
05-23-2005, 10:08 PM
You should seriously consider both leading the flop and the turn. If I played it like you I would definitely checkraise the turn.

-Michael

mannika
05-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Why would you ever fold the river? Am I missing something here?

cmwck
05-23-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually lead this flop. That would lead into me leading the turn when I hit top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it. Is this a bet for value, or is it to get someone to fold, say, a queen so you'll still be good on the river if you pair one of your cards?

CrazyEyez
05-23-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever fold the river? Am I missing something here?

[/ QUOTE ]
That fact that I'm not very bright.

shant
05-23-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one has shown any interest in their hand yet. We have 2 overs and a gutshot. I'm betting to get Q9 and KT to fold. I'm gonna call anyway, so I don't see why betting isn't better.

cmwck
05-23-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one has shown any interest in their hand yet. We have 2 overs and a gutshot. I'm betting to get Q9 and KT to fold. I'm gonna call anyway, so I don't see why betting isn't better.

[/ QUOTE ]

allright, that's what i thought.

how did you arrive at Q9 and KT? Don't we want 9x and Tx to fold, where x is jack or higher?

shant
05-23-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how did you arrive at Q9 and KT? Don't we want 9x and Tx to fold, where x is jack or higher?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just randomly, and by those I meant all those hands in that range that would outkick us.

mannika
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one has shown any interest in their hand yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you're first to act, isn't it? This really isn't telling us anything. I would be more inclined to bet if Hero was in later position here.

shant
05-23-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's because you're first to act, isn't it? This really isn't telling us anything. I would be more inclined to bet if Hero was in later position here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at preflop.

sthief09
05-23-2005, 10:43 PM
lead flop?

KDawgCometh
05-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I like the idea of leading the flop, but I like CRing the turn even more

mannika
05-23-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so no one has shown interest in their two-card hand yet, fair enough. That does take out some possible holdings that beat you. I'm still not completely set at betting into this flop with very little fold equity though.

Nick Royale
05-23-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't we like this flop getting checked through? If it gets checked through we get a freecard to hit one of our outs. If we ain't get no freecard the hands you're talking about (Q9 and KT) will still get a chance to fold for a bet (they're not any more likely to fold just because we bet). To bet the flop is not good since you might get raised ending up HU and getting lousy odds for the flop call IMO.