PDA

View Full Version : Vegas trip report - short

lonehunter
12-11-2002, 06:21 AM
On my recent Vegas trip I had the pleasure of playing at the Monte Carlo poker room. After playing at the Mirage and Bellagio, I stopped in there before going to my room. If any of you play low limit holdem or stud, this is one of the nicest rooms in Vegas. The staff is courteous, the cocktail service is excellent, the atmosphere is friendly. This was also the same experience I had a couple of years ago. After putting up with some really rude locals at the Mirage, this place was great.

Now the rest of the details:

Played in Bellagio's $1000 7CS8 tournaments a few days ago. Busted out 48 out of 93 participants. I regret to report that staying up untill 3 am trying to win my buy-in did not improve my game. All the "names" were there. Some of them made as much as I did: $0.

So I played the Mirage weekly tournaments on Wed. and Thurs. as an alternative. These are good tournaments and I recommend them to any visitors. Busted out on the bubble on Wed. Played a few Bellagio satellites as well. Not winning anything repeatedly affects my confidence, so I played live games as well, 10/20 & 15/30 Stud (won), 20/40 Holdem (lost), 20/40 Omaha Hi-Lo(lost). I was there for 48 hours and played 25 hours, 12 hours of tournaments and 13 hours of live play. Yada, Yada, Yada.

Even though I did not do well financially, I love playing there. The atmosphere is like nowhere else.

-KeithO

bosco
12-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the info. Did you happen to notice any No Limit action? I heard that there's a small game spread at MC sometimes.

Thanks,
Bosco

budman
12-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Nice trip.

I also play as long as I can keep my eyes open when in Vegas.

I usually lose, but I enjoy the atmosphere and like to play in the tougher games where I can see how the great players do it.

Hopefully some day I will be able to go out there and beat the games, but that's not why I play.

Thanks for the tips on the tournaments and satellites. I have never played in them but maybe I'll give them a shot next trip.

Hobart
12-12-2002, 11:42 PM
I also play too many hours when in Las Vegas and it sometimes affects my game. I usually play 4 to 6 times a year being from Pa. It is easier to play at the Taj but the players and the atmosphere are completely different. In Las Vegas I usually play at the Mirage 20-40 Hold-Em and 20-40 to 40-80 stud. The 40-80 stud games are usually tough. Some of the locals are extremely rude but there are plenty of gentlemen also,such as Mel in the 40-80 stud game.