PDA

View Full Version : 67 - BB special?

Scuba Chuck
05-23-2005, 09:09 PM
<font color="blue"> Does this smell like poorly played aces often enough for me to continue?
</font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t715)
CO (t965)
Button (t3660)
SB (t500)
Hero (t760)
UTG (t1400)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t90) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t100</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t70.

Turn: (t290) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP bets 150, Hero is allin, MP calls

River: (t290) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t290

chips are wrong, BC doesn't always seem to work these days.

wuwei
05-23-2005, 09:16 PM
1/3 pot on the flop? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yah, I'm not going anywhere - all in on the turn works for me.

bluefeet
05-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Perfect IMO. Small 'I have a piece' flop bet...smooth called, check-raised on the turn...a beautiful thing.

I might have led out on the turn with the two diamonds on board, but I'm a wuss.

-nh

Scuba Chuck
05-23-2005, 10:13 PM
B, I lost this hand to something else. But, I just want to be certain that this "smells" like aces often enough, or should I just let it go.

Newt_Buggs
05-23-2005, 10:20 PM
I dont think that I'm folding this hand heads up unless it get counterfeited

Phil Van Sexton
05-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Open limping from MP doesn't smell like aces. Based on the flop raise, I'd guess A7 or 88.

Given that you lost, maybe TT.

wuwei
05-23-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
B, I lost this hand to something else. But, I just want to be certain that this "smells" like aces often enough, or should I just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have clarified a bit... I don't necessarily agree that it smells like AA, but I think it's something you're ahead of most of the time. It could be Ax, where x=something on the flop. It could be 88-TT. It could be a poorly played JJ-AA. It could be a set. It could be a 5 or a flush draw, although I discount those a lot when he bets the turn. You're ahead of everything but the sets, so I like getting all my chips in on a safe turn.

The other problem I have is that after your weak flop bet, he could very well be trying to push you off a hand sensing weakness. We don't know because your flop bet looks weak and that is how some players will play a draw on this draw heavy board.

lastchance
05-23-2005, 11:40 PM
You want him to push you off a hand. You have top two pair!!! You really don't want to fold this.

BTW, since a 5 or 3 or 8 sucks, I lead a bit more, and I reraise.

I think all your problems can be solved by reraising the flop and a willingness to go all the way with top two pair. Your opponents suck. Love them for letting you take their chips.

Scuba Chuck
05-24-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Open limping from MP doesn't smell like aces. Based on the flop raise, I'd guess A7 or 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that a limp from MP (as opposed to UTG) shouldn't ever **smell** like aces? Ok, I see.

Villain had 44 for a made set on the flop.

Phil Van Sexton
05-24-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that a limp from MP (as opposed to UTG) shouldn't ever **smell** like aces? Ok, I see.

Villain had 44 for a made set on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

A limp on level 2 from an unknown 30/3 player doesn't have any smell, regardless of position. Are you getting paranoid?

zambonidrivr
05-24-2005, 01:00 PM
i play this the same way.

Scuba Chuck
05-24-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A limp on level 2 from an unknown 30/3 player doesn't have any smell, regardless of position. Are you getting paranoid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen A LOT of this lately (with KK too), but no, I'm not getting paranoid (I don't think). Anyway, I had put villain on an overpair.

In the end, I'm up against a worst hand here often enough for me to continue with this line, is the ultimate question of this post.

45suited
05-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I go broke here every time. Bad luck, not bad play.