PDA

View Full Version : TT overpair on flush flop.

Skip Brutale
05-23-2005, 06:56 PM
10 dollar sitngo on party. During 25/50 I'm in MP of 7-handed with TT, 730 chips. One ep limper and I elect to call. I felt a raise to 250 wouldnt guarantee a headsup pot and I'd probably just bleed so I decided to play for set value.

Another mp limper, sb checks, bb completes. Flop is 723 spades and I have a spade. Checked to me I bet 175 into 250 and the bb mini-raises. This to me said he had a flush but a fold here would leave me with a little over 10xbb with 50/100 coming in about 5 hands. If he has 2 pair I have a decent amount of outs.

I decide to raise all-in. In this situation would you have folded? With the type of play scene at 10 dollar buy-in you never really know whatsup, but the mini check-raise is usually an indication of strength. I felt my tournament ev would be better just biting the bullet and hoping I'm wrong rather than hoping to catch cards in the next 5 hands or wind up with 5x bb.

stanzee
05-23-2005, 07:56 PM
This is a tough spot as BB could have anything. He may have even caught 2 pairs and is testing you out. Personally, i would raise this to 150 or 200 at level 3, then hopefully you can get this hands heads up.

Since you didn't i think the minimum raise on the flop would scare me off as i think you're either behind or up against a maniac (more times then not you're behind). Don't think there's anything wrong with taking a shot at the pot, but checking the flop isn't awful either.

lastchance
05-23-2005, 08:46 PM
I think I got the gist of that post, and I certainly shove all my chips in here. I think BB thinks I might be bluffing, and could counter bluff. I've got tons of outs if BB does have me beat, and I've got an overpair. Not getting my chips in there is a crime, IMHO.

stanzee
05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I got the gist of that post, and I certainly shove all my chips in here. I think BB thinks I might be bluffing, and could counter bluff. I've got tons of outs if BB does have me beat, and I've got an overpair. Not getting my chips in there is a crime, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i've read the original post correctly there is 5 people seeing this flop. If the OP had got the flop heads up then i'd too probably get my chips in. Since he hasn't i'd think he'd be mad to get all his chips in on this hand. I would probably still take a shot at the flop, but i'd probably fold to any resistance. Just can't see the BB check raising here with a weaker hand. And i wouldn't be overly excited about drawing to the non-nut flush either.