PDA

View Full Version : Flop boat in 6max 2/4 limit.

Ricardido
05-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Quite good game of 2/4 on VC. Doing well. Villain is on the button and likes to raise with an ace and any two big cards really- his PF hand selection isnt exactly great.

Hero picks up 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the BB, folded around to Button who raises, SB folds, i 3-bet and he calls.

We see a flop of 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, Button bets and i just call. (i called because i dont want to scare him off his ace right now- thats what i put him on- i this right?)

Turn comes 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I check again, Button bets and i check-raise. Button calls. Now im unsure about what he has- maybe AK/AQ with a flush draw??

Anyways, River comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif putting out flush draw in spades. I decide to bet this, and not the try and CR again as i feel Button wouldnt have bet out again after the action on the turn. Button calls.

Comments please on how i played this- i felt i may have missed a bet by checking the river as there were many scary cards out there even if he has a high pair.

Vote4Pedro
05-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Preflop: Standard
Flop: Lead the flop and just call if he raises
Turn: go for checkraise if he raised flop, otherwise lead
River: Lead- checkraising will get you 0 bets or 2 while leading gets 1 or 3