PDA

View Full Version : Data Mining

sng-sam
05-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I know this is off topic but.....I'm interested in using pokertracker to monitor some cash games for a friend of mine that wants to take a stab at 5/10 NL on Stars. Can anyone tell me how to set this up to "watch" this table and pull hand histories? Thanks in advance. I've also contacted Pokertracker support.

SAM

oxymoron
05-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes, this is off topic. You need to check the poker tracker forum. My understanding is for Poker Stars you need to be playing at the table to be able to datamine. Party (and the 5 skins) will allow you to data mine even though you only watch the tables. /images/graemlins/grin.gif That's why I switched to party. Well, that and you guys keep saying that the party SnG format is better for $$$.
Poker Tracker Forum:
http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4539

Steve
05-23-2005, 06:33 PM
"for a friend of mine" i.e. I would never do such a thing

citanul
05-23-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"for a friend of mine" i.e. I would never do such a thing

[/ QUOTE ]

jebus. try to make some sense here. i think he means something closer to "my friend doesn't have pokertracker" or something like that. clearly sam would do such a thing, but he wouldn't i don't think, jump into the stars 5/10 game.

citanul

sng-sam
05-23-2005, 07:03 PM
actually I wouldn't go near it and since I can't talk him out of it I thought that he should at least go in with some recon under his belt. He's a good player/ 5/10 NL good? I'm not sure possibly. He's excellent at high limit sngs on stars. anyway. If the program will do it I will make him buy it. After all $50 isn't much if ur playing at that limit. Anyway I dont' think the data mining can be done unless the person with PT is actually in the game so no 24/7 monitoring.

SAM