PDA

View Full Version : Yada yada yada...passivity check.

Entity
05-23-2005, 05:52 PM
3-handed at Party Poker. I know this game is high variance, but it's too good to pass up. One player (SB in this hand) is a loose-passive, call to the river and see if I hit a hand LP-P type. Will call down with any pair in general.

BB has shown himself to be somewhat of a LAG in HU and 3-way play against me previously, but I've only got about 30 hands to judge his play by. He's aggressive enough to push pretty hard and try to make other players make good folds, I think.

I raise A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif from the Button. SB calls, BB 3-bets. I cap. SB calls, BB calls.

Flop is K/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks, BB bets, I call, and SB calls.

Turn is the 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks, BB bets, I call, and SB calls.

River is the K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks, BB bets, and I call...

Meh?

Rob

Isura
05-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Against this type of player, with SB still around I think you have to raise and calldown when 3-bet. But I could be wrong, your line seems fine too if you think SB is calling on both turn and river.

Entity
[ QUOTE ]
Against this type of player, with SB still around I think you have to raise and calldown when 3-bet. But I could be wrong, your line seems fine too if you think SB is calling on both turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise river or turn?

Rob

J.R.
its high rake too.

i dunno, I raise the flop a lot but don't think waiting until the turn is all that bad either, although it would suck to be 3-bet on the turn.

Entity
05-23-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its high rake too.

i dunno, I raise the flop a lot but don't think waiting until the turn is all that bad either, althoguh it would suck to be 3-bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I really need to start paying attention more to the rake structure to determine whether or not the conditions were +EV. With one of the players being a 91/1/.5/high showdown% guy, though, I thought it was worthwhile to keep playing.

The game went 6handed -> HU (for 5 hands or so) -> 3handed, and it seemed to be a pretty good spot so I hadn't left.

Rob

cockandbull
05-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I'd raise the turn or river...only deciding factor on the turn is if loosie will call 2, if not i raise the river.

PokerBob
05-23-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know this game is high variance

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why this matters at all.

Isura
05-23-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise river or turn?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

BB probabably doesn't 3-bet the river with a worst hand (and possibly force you to fold a winner) but it's more possible on the turn. He's probably also capable of semi-bluff 3-betting the turn if he's seen you make "good" laydowns before. Also, button probably has a flush draw or has less than 4 outs. So maybe raising the river is better in general (maybe not this river /images/graemlins/smile.gif.