PDA

View Full Version : calling all-in from BB

chopchoi
05-23-2005, 03:06 PM
This post is a continuation of a thread I started earlier, but wasn't specific enough.

You are the small stack, on the bubble. Every player at the table has you covered by at least 1 round of blinds. One player (maybe he's the button, maybe SB) has been stealing your blind every chance he gets but putting you all-in. How small does your stack need to be before you call with any 2?

kyro
05-23-2005, 03:14 PM
interesting, quick calculation says 2.5BB after posting but that is most certainly too low.

shejk
05-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Well, if you have 6 units of chips, and your opponents have 10, then you should call when you're around 4bb, before posting. Mind, this is with a random hand, not with 32o. For it to be correct to call with 32o you need like 2bb before posting. On the other hand, ICM tends to be wrong with such short stacks as I've understood it, so it's probably correct a bit earlier. I'm not sure about this though.

zambonidrivr
05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
quit playing only your cards and grow a bag. play the situation. if you only have 2.5x, he will call w/any 2. i would push back soon as you notice this is going on.

kyro
05-23-2005, 03:45 PM
You must be a flawless player. I have yet to see you post a constructive, uninsulting message.