PDA

View Full Version : Preflop blinds play - (Value) raising standards in loose games

Isura
05-23-2005, 02:04 PM
I play mostly 1/2 and some 2/4 SH. The games are loose and usually passive. Looking over my first 15k hands, I'm noticing that I could maybe be raising a bit more from the blinds. Players tend to limp with absolute junk, and I'm not sure if I should be raising my middle pocket pairs, and stuff like QJs more from the blinds. Here are some rough guidelines that I follow, but often it seems it's just guesswork for me at the moment:

1) SB 1 (loose) limper:
88+ - How does something like 55+ sound?
ATs+ - Too tight, maybe A8s+?
KTs+ - Not sure about KTs.
QJs - How about QT, JTs ?
AQo+ - Sometimes I raise AJo, how about ATo, KQo?

2) SB 2+ limpers:
99+ - Seems too tight, maybe 77+ or less?
ATs+
KJs+
What do you guys do with KTs, QJs, JTs, QTs ?

3) BB 1 limper:
55+ - I'm more loose from the BB, I'm not sure if it's correct to be more tight (say 77+).
A7s+ - Again, I'm thinking too loose here.
KTs+, QJs, JTs (QTs seems close)
ATo+, KQo - how about KJo, maybe only with loose late limper?

4) BB 2+ limpers:
I guess I should tighten up a lot here right?
99+ - I sometimes raise 88,77
ATs+, KJs+ - How about QJs, JTs, even KTs ?
AQo - Add AJo, KQo if the players are really bad?

I'm sorry this is a lot of questions, but I'm curious to see what others do here. Blinds play is still a leak for me. Please comment and feel free to give better recommendations.

BottlesOf
05-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Bb looks about right from a cursory glance, for SB you really need to consider the skill/looseness of the blind just as much as the limper.

Noodles
05-23-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
+ - Sometimes I raise AJo, how about ATo, KQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

well im no pf expert but isnt this tight,id raise AJo all the time v 1 limper and ATo and KQo

Isura
05-23-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
+ - Sometimes I raise AJo, how about ATo, KQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

well im no pf expert but isnt this tight,id raise AJo all the time v 1 limper and ATo and KQo

[/ QUOTE ]

I was suspecting this was too tight. I'vve been using basically my full ring standards mostly for these situations so far.