PDA

View Full Version : Taking KQ for a Wild Ride!

Grail
05-23-2005, 02:01 PM
MP1 is a normal fish.
MP2 is boarderline Maniac 46/6 PostFlopAF 2.1 (With that VPIP thats crazy high isn't it?)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue">I think I have the best hand so far. Raise for value and to knock out the blinds. </font>

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">TPGK + 2ndNut FD = Raise for me. 3Bet scares me alittle, but he's done it before with nothing.</font>

Turn: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">Improved? to trip K's and still a 2ndNut FD plus all the boat outs now so I raise again. Again he 3bets and I get a little scared.</font>

River: (12.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB <font color="blue">

Flush hits, I give it 1 more shot. Maybe to aggro on my part. WTH is going on here?</font>

-G

FlopMe
05-23-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm capping the flop to see what MP2 will do on the turn. By calling the 3-bet he has no choice but to bet out again. After that, I'm playing your hand the same way.

2+2 wannabe
05-23-2005, 02:07 PM
wow

if he's a normal player, the only thing that he could have is Axs for the flush, and maybe a set

maniac could have A/images/graemlins/club.gifanything, K anything, 86/64 maybe, plus the hands above.

this is a crazy hand - each street brings you a card worth raising - honestly i probably play it the same way you did, and punch the screen when he shows you A/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bigalt
05-23-2005, 02:07 PM
villan clearly has the royal flush, you should fold to the river 3 bet.

i think each street warranted a raise to a maniacal villain. There are so many hands he could have, and you beat many of them.

topspin
05-23-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP2 is boarderline Maniac 46/6 PostFlopAF 2.1 (With that VPIP thats crazy high isn't it?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually have a read on him as being a maniac, or are you just going by the PT numbers? PFR of 6 is actually a bit low. AF of 2 is about average; mine's higher than that and I don't consider myself a maniac. (I assume this is over enough hands to make the numbers useful.)

As for the hand itself, I'd cap the flop, and play the rest like you.

Marquis
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Fun hand. You kept improving on every street so I can't fault you for sticking a raise in. Even though he's LAG I still stop when you do except perhaps on the turn. If I'd change anything about the hand it'd be that I might cap the turn. Well done, as it is.

deception5
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With that VPIP thats crazy high isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't that bad I don't think. If you raise or fold every hand postflop, I believe your af will be very high.

Preflop: Agree with, good raise for value and to shut out the blinds.
Flop: Looks good. You could very well have the best hand here.
Turn: I like this also. He could have a king with a worse kicker, a flush draw, etc.
River: This looks ok too. I might just call the bet here with the second nut flush on a paired board against someone who just hasn't let off the gas, but raising is probably pretty close.

Grail
05-23-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually have a read on him as being a maniac, or are you just going by the PT numbers? PFR of 6 is actually a bit low. AF of 2 is about average; mine's higher than that and I don't consider myself a maniac. (I assume this is over enough hands to make the numbers useful.)

As for the hand itself, I'd cap the flop, and play the rest like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

AF 2 with VPIP ~20 is normal. With VPIP close to 50 it's pretty crazy. Guy had shown down at least 2 bluffs that I had seen.

-G

Grail
05-23-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow

if he's a normal player, the only thing that he could have is Axs for the flush, and maybe a set

maniac could have A/images/graemlins/club.gifanything, K anything, 86/64 maybe, plus the hands above.

this is a crazy hand - each street brings you a card worth raising - honestly i probably play it the same way you did, and punch the screen when he shows you A/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice read. A/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I was wishing I could reach out and smack him.

-G