PDA

View Full Version : scare card hits turn

GivenToFly
05-23-2005, 01:27 PM
only have two hands on villian
not much info on CO either, looked very loose passive

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, UTG+2 calls.

this looks like a mistake now that i look at it... should have called and raised safe card..

Turn: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero ...

whats my plan from here? I feel like villian hit his flush or has a set (however i have no read on him).. CO is hanging in there with who knows what.. is this easy turn fold?

JoshuaD
05-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Preflop is gud.

I like your flop 3-bet. You manage to put two of the guys to 2 more, it's a good effort to fold them, and it's also for value.

I call down from the turn, folding if CO ever raises.

Pokey
05-23-2005, 02:12 PM
OK, I'm not saying this is the right move, but in your shoes, after how the preflop and flop played out, I'm raising this turn.

First, it should shake CO loose unless he's got something super-duper or he's tree bark.

Second, if UTG+2 wasn't scared by your flop 3-bet he'd have capped. Flush draws alone should check-raise in UTG+2's position, but most players aren't smart enough to know that; they treat flush draws as "drawing hands," and just check/call with them. That diamond is going to be scary for him, too; make him afraid.

Finally, unless UTG+2 has something REALLY wonderful, he's going to call and check to you on the river. As a result, the cost of going to the showdown won't be different than if you hadn't raised the turn, but if you improve you can get an extra bet into the pot.

If UTG+2 3-bets you on the turn, it's an easy fold, and you're no worse off than if you'd just called down in ignorance.

GivenToFly
05-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the input.. calling down just gives me a bad feeling in my stomach.. when i looked back on this hand it seemed like this was a good time to protect my hand on the turn type hand.. by 3-betting flop im giving player on left 8.25 : 1 ... seems like this gives overcards, gutshots, and 5 outers more of an opportunity to make a good/marginal to slightly poor call... by waiting to the turn I offer them like 5.5ish:1 which gives me better chance to protect the hand... anyone else have input on this?

sean c
05-23-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm callin the turn. To many cards that can hurt you on the river and one player to act after you. The flip side to that is the CO calling one bet on the turn and catching one of those cards on the river but with four overs three to the flush and straight I wanna try to see the river cheap.

sean c
05-23-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input.. calling down just gives me a bad feeling in my stomach.. when i looked back on this hand it seemed like this was a good time to protect my hand on the turn type hand.. by 3-betting flop im giving player on left 8.25 : 1 ... seems like this gives overcards, gutshots, and 5 outers more of an opportunity to make a good/marginal to slightly poor call... by waiting to the turn I offer them like 5.5ish:1 which gives me better chance to protect the hand... anyone else have input on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think facing CO and button with two cold on the flop is the right play. If three betting a check raise isn't going to run them off not much will and there is so many cards that kill that play on the turn.