PDA

View Full Version : Muckleshoot live 10/20 - checkraising the river v.s. a TAG

bobdibble
05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Villian is a thinking, aggressive TAG. When heads up w/him he has caught me semi-bluffing the turn.

Hero is in BB w/J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop: UTG (weak/passive) bets, UTG+1 calls, folded to TAG on the button who calls, SB folds, I call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, TAG bets, I call, UTG (passive) raises, UTG+1 folds, TAG calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, UTG folds, TAG calls.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, TAG bets, I raise...

TheHip41
05-23-2005, 01:37 PM
looks like fps

just bet

bobdibble
05-23-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks like fps

just bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree for the moment, but want more feedback.

If I bet, what hands will TAG put me on. What hands will he fold, call, and raise with?

If I check, what hands will TAG put me on? What hands will he fold, call, and raise my CR with?

I believe he bets this river when checked to more often than he calls my bet.

TheHip41
05-23-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like fps

just bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree for the moment, but want more feedback.

If I bet, what hands will TAG put me on. What hands will he fold, call, and raise with?

If I check, what hands will TAG put me on? What hands will he fold, call, and raise my CR with?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but what hands will he call a c/r with? If he has an ace, he's calling. I'd just bet, and hope he raises.

SeaEagle
05-23-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? What hands is he folding to a river bet? There's not really any concievable draw except for the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

On the other hand, I can see him checking a lot of Kx and Ax hands through for a showdown.

bobbyi
05-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Do you play at Muck a lot? I've been mostly playing online now, but over the past couple years, I played hundreds of hours of their 10/20 and of their 20/40, plus some 30/60.

Anyway, I think you should definitely bet the flop.

bobdibble
05-23-2005, 02:46 PM
I only play at the Muck once a month. I mostly play online.

Nate tha' Great
05-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Betting is better IMO. Especially in a live game where he's less likely to call your check-raise out of spite and more likely to check behind something with showdown value.

bobdibble
05-23-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting is better IMO. Especially in a live game where he's less likely to call your check-raise out of spite and more likely to check behind something with showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmm.. ok. I'll bet this situation from now on.

FWIW, he bet the river and he folded to my CR.

PokerBob
05-23-2005, 03:15 PM
You should have 3 bet the flop.

cmwck
05-23-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have 3 bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this kind of thin with only 2 other players?

SeaEagle
05-23-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have 12 very strong outs and decent implied odds since both your opponents have indicated they have something. I'd be getting as much money in the pot as I could.

bobdibble
05-23-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have 12 very strong outs and decent implied odds since both your opponents have indicated they have something. I'd be getting as much money in the pot as I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how implied odds influance a decision to raise for value.

I considered raising, but didn't think I had any outs that I needed to clean up and thought that one of them may fold. If one of them folds, the raise is -EV unless I think I can bluff out the caller on a later street. However, I think if one folds and the other calls, the caller is going to see a showdown on this board.

cmwck
05-23-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, didnt see the gutshot