PDA

View Full Version : 88 vs raise

bodi
05-23-2005, 01:06 PM
do you guys fold here or am i playing this weak? the possibility of a c/r coming from the other preflop caller influenced my decision to fold

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

27offsooot
05-23-2005, 01:10 PM
The fold is fine. Unless bb is a maniac (or a 2+2er), your hand is looking pretty bad against a typical raising hand from bb.

Pokey
05-23-2005, 01:11 PM
You had a great hand, right up until the flop. Then it turned to doggy doodoo.

Folding this is mandatory. PF raiser either has a big pair or high cards. If it's a big pair, you're drawing to two outs. If it's high cards, they either hit (and you're drawing to two outs) or missed, at which point he's got 10-17 outs to beat you on each of two more streets.

If the pot had been bigger, you could have raised to face the field with two, take control of the hand, and possibly push BB off a bluff. However, given that there were only 7 small bets in the pot when it came back to you, this one's not worth going to war over. Folding is best.

Nick C
05-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Although you are (still) ahead of AK, you are only about a coin flip against that hand at this point, and the same is true for AT.

You could easily be way behind instead, and while BB could have been raising light preflop against just one limp and a complete, I think the fold is all right. You are facing some annoying reverse implied odds here.

mongoose51
05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Easy fold. Even if you are ahead, there are a lot of cards that could beat you on the turn or the river.