PDA

View Full Version : Turn play, idiot or nice?

Omaha8Player
05-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeast sat down so not any reads on the players.

Checking this turn or walubetting pros and coins pleas.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

brettbrettr
05-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I'd say you're being nice to idiots. This is terrible.

cassady
05-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Terrible. Make the calling stations pay to suck out on you.

SeaEagle
05-23-2005, 12:23 PM
At first blush this is incomprehensible. What were your thoughts behind the turn check?

Omaha8Player
05-23-2005, 12:25 PM
So no one can se checking here?
My reasoning is like this:
This board look scary judging of the possible holdings so a TPTK is not that gr8 holding and if someone have me beat i still have out for the nut so I don’t want to pay of a raise or CR. Whit a less scary board I would bet 100%. Or a fishy read on any of my opponents would turn this into a bet.
What is wrong whit this reasoning?

SeaEagle
05-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Pragmatically, I would say that if you're going to hit your card and still feel you're behind, then you may as well fold on the flop.

After you hit your A, you're only behind to a set, two pair, or KQ - a very small number of hands. However, any 2 diamonds, any combination of 89QK, and any smaller pair are drawing to beat you - a very large number of hands. You are ahead the majority of the time and must bet in this situation.

Omaha8Player
05-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Ok i justify bad play whit reasoning /images/graemlins/wink.gif Im a little bitt shaky since a big loss yesterday if that is any defense /images/graemlins/wink.gif

brettbrettr
05-23-2005, 12:42 PM
If you're not going to bet when you hit on the turn then why are you raising the flop?

chief444
05-23-2005, 12:47 PM
Basically, giving a free card in an 11 BB pot when SB is more likely to be holding QQ/KK or AK/AQ than TT/JJ/AA getting overlay from the third opponent sucks. But it's probably not quite as bad as it looks at first. What range do you put SB on here? I'm thinking TT-AA, AK, maybe AQ.

TT/JJ/AA = 7 combinations.

QQ/KK = 9 combinations.

AK = 6 combinations.

AQ (maybe) = 8 combinations.

So you're ahead or split with SB a good amount here and 3-way should make you more inclined to bet here than if HU.

Omaha8Player
05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Finally someone who see an angle.
But we can agree on betting is right here.
Thanks all for the input

TheHip41
05-23-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So no one can se checking here?
My reasoning is like this:
This board look scary judging of the possible holdings so a TPTK is not that gr8 holding and if someone have me beat i still have out for the nut so I don&amp;#8217;t want to pay of a raise or CR. Whit a less scary board I would bet 100%. Or a fishy read on any of my opponents would turn this into a bet.
What is wrong whit this reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love when fish raise with the worst hand and check the best hand.

you are retarded

spellcheck please

SeaEagle
05-23-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

QQ/KK = 9 combinations.

AK = 6 combinations.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think SB bets out with a set of J's or T's and then doesn't 3 bet when raised and cold called? I think it's really unlikely SB has TT or JJ.

If you discount TT or JJ then you're behind to SB's AA (1 combination), chopping w/ AK, and ahead of everything else.

chief444
05-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Actually I agree that TT/JJ should be discounted for the reasons you gave. But I was just trying to show that even without discounting them I think it should be a turn bet.

Nick C
05-23-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

QQ/KK = 9 combinations.

AK = 6 combinations.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think SB bets out with a set of J's or T's and then doesn't 3 bet when raised and cold called? I think it's really unlikely SB has TT or JJ.

If you discount TT or JJ then you're behind to SB's AA (1 combination), chopping w/ AK, and ahead of everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I wouldn't really expect to see KQs (3 combinations) and would fear KQo (9 combinations) even less (mainly because of the preflop 3-bet), I don't think those hands can be ruled out, especially since Villain is unknown.

In any event, though, I like a turn bet in this hand.

Bill C
05-23-2005, 04:33 PM
You have a good but not great hand on the turn, very likely best at that point. You CANNOT be giving a free card here!
Not only that, but you are also passing up a chance to bet for value.

bill

jskills
05-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Turn bet is a must here. No reason to believe you're in any trouble at all.