PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cards fans

Toro
05-23-2005, 10:55 AM
Not that you would be inclined to help Red Sox fans but consider it a humanitarian act. You could save lives as we are fighting for good jumping off spots on the Zakim bridge.

Please tell us Renteria is a better player than we've seen!

tbach24
05-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Renteria (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5602)

I'm not a Cards fan and haven't really watched many Sox games, but his BA, OBP, and SLG are all substantially lower than they were last season. They also had a significant dropoff from 2003-2004 so I really don't know. On a positive, Cabrera is hitting like crap in LA and Eckstein hasn't been fielding a lick (6 E on the season, 27 career now). Looks like everyone is losing there.

Edit- just looked at fielding and 6 E already. Yikes!

jakethebake
05-23-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell us Renteria is a better player than we've seen!

[/ QUOTE ]

OTH

Clarkmeister
05-23-2005, 11:42 AM
He is, but he's not an $11mm player. He's like an $8mm player. He'll come around.

andyfox
05-23-2005, 12:34 PM
The Dude pointed out to me that lots of players who have switched leagues this year have struggled at the plate. That wouldn't explain why Edgar has also struggled in the field, but he might also be out of position on some hitters whose tendencies he doesn't yet know.

Your boy Eckstein played a nice game yesterday. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Actually, I'm coming around to your point of view: if there is a player who has "heart," he's it. It is a pleasure to watch him play because he's giving 100% 100% of the time without bragging about it, a rare attribute in anybody, especially professional athletes.

andyfox
05-23-2005, 12:36 PM
With Clement and Arroyo pitching so well, and Miller having such an effective outing, if Wells and Schilling come back at even 75% of their best, the Sox look to have an awesome team.

ttleistdci
05-23-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With Clement and Arroyo pitching so well, and Miller having such an effective outing, if Wells and Schilling come back at even 75% of their best, the Sox look to have an awesome team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arroyo: Most underrated pitcher? hmmmm...

OldYoda
05-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Renteria will have a better second half - both at bat and in the field. Having said that, he is not a first tier major league shortstop.