PDA

View Full Version : Bank roll for Sit and Go's

Bco1/75
05-23-2005, 10:47 AM
I know required bank rolls for limit and NL ring games, but have not heard about bank rolls for playing Sit and Go's. I was thinking 20x buy-in......?

Thanks

wuwei
05-23-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know required bank rolls for limit and NL ring games, but have not heard about bank rolls for playing Sit and Go's. I was thinking 20x buy-in......?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This will get you started. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2375609&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

20 buyins should be fine, especially if you're willing to move down a limit if you run poorly.

Phill S
05-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Ffs, its constant questions like this that stopped me reading this board for a couple of months.

Read any thread that has bankroll or similar term in its title on the first page. There is at least one.

This isnt something you need to even search for, its right [censored] there.

GtrHtr
05-23-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ffs, its constant questions like this that stopped me reading this board for a couple of months.

Read any thread that has bankroll or similar term in its title on the first page. There is at least one.

This isnt something you need to even search for, its right [censored] there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, stop reading the forum again. No great loss. Point the guy in the right direction and move on. By the way I really like your highrollers web site. That photo of you in St. Andrews is classic.

RLTW!

Phill S
05-23-2005, 12:18 PM
There was a lot of photos taken of me at St Andrews - the freelance photographer took a shedload - care to point out which?

And i agree, my tone was too dry earlier. Lack of morning brew does that to me.

Phill

microbet
05-23-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lack of morning brew does that to me.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Beer or coffee?

Phill S
05-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Tea actually - yes, thats your cue for an English steriotype /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I dont drink coffee and i only drink beer in the morning when i havent gone to bed.

Phill

GtrHtr
05-23-2005, 02:18 PM
The one where you look like you're asleep but "pondering" the hand. Good stuff. Who won that tourny?

We'll have to meet for a beer or two when I move back to the UK although I tend to avoid Liverpool and Manchester like the plague. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Phill S
05-23-2005, 02:32 PM
understandable. if i didnt study near manchester, i wouldnt go near it - great for a night out though.

I remember the pic. It was taken about 50 plus hours into a stint where i had less than 7 hours kip - im surprised i didnt fall asleep - was adreniline only kept me going. The bored paraletic pose comes too naturally for me, and helps hide any tells i may have.

It was won by a maniac from St Andrews - he played solid most of the second day, he was moved to my table pretty quickly. Then he went into whats known round there as 'Edu Mode' where he was going all in with nothing. Think PP SnG play on acid. He got lucky, ammassed chips and took it down.

Hand i lost on, coming 4th, involved almost half the chips in play, with my QQ being outdrawn by shortstacks AJ and the eventual winner, and bigstack at the time, holding KJ - they hit a boat hooks full.

Such is poker.

Was amazing playing proper slow structure poker - if i dont qualify for the WSOP at least i played in a good large field tourney this year. Largest field ever ran in the UK - quite an honour to do so well in it.

Phill

GtrHtr
05-23-2005, 03:08 PM
4th an excellent result! well done.