PDA

View Full Version : Playing more then one SNG at a time

yid3655
05-23-2005, 08:44 AM
I would guess this topic has been covered before, but what is the general opinion on the maximum amount of SNG's you can play at one time to turn over a decent profit. Obviously the quality of the player makes a big difference but just a general average?

I have played 1, 2, 3 and 4 at a time

My biggest success is probably with 2 tables, tend to always be kept interested and also allows you to monitor individual players (playing 3/4 very hard)

hummusx
05-23-2005, 09:01 AM
You can find lots of posts on this if you search. 4-tabling is fairly ubiquitous. I play 6 currently when I'm being serious, 4 if I've got other stuff going on. 8-tabling is semi-common, and there are people playing up to 12 that I know of.

jcm4ccc
05-23-2005, 09:07 AM
When I first started 4-tabling, it was pretty difficult. I felt like I was rushing all over the screen to place my bets or fold or whatever. By the end, I was usually sweating.

This morning I 4-tabled the $22s. I fixed a bowl of cereal, ate the cereal, rinsed out the dirty bowl and placed it in the dishwasher, flossed my teeth, brushed my teeth, and placed 1st in two of the tournaments.

It gets easier with time. I believe Raptor was 12-tabling 'til Party Poker shut down one of his accounts.

hummusx
05-23-2005, 09:18 AM
They shut down one of the accounts? Because they figured out he was 12-tabling or what?

lorinda
05-23-2005, 09:21 AM
As his ID is reasonably common knowledge, it might be wise that you ask him via PM in case he actually did do something wrong.

Lori

hummusx
05-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Yes, if the answer wasn't forthcoming I would send a PM. But if it's something that might generally benefit other people and I just happened to have missed a post about it, going to PMs just prevents others from being aware of it.

lorinda
05-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Sorry if I sounded rude, I was genuinely trying to be helpful.

Lori

A_Junglen
05-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Yay, first post...anyways..

There's several factors you need to consider.

-Multitabling is difficult for some, while easier for others..I generally play 3-4 sit n goes at once. I personally can't imagine playing more than 5, but others find it to imagine I'm playing 4. It's a lot of personal preference.

-It's not hard at all imo to multitable 4-5 at the first 2 levels..but after that it gets difficult, because some people will be knocked out. I've learned to start up 2 sit n goes...then start up the other 2 after about 10 minutes. This way the rapid hand-rate won't overwhelm you.

I think that's all I have...it may depend on which site you play at also..since PP's sit n goes have much faster blinds than most other sites.

microbet
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
I don't remember exactly what he said, but he posted something about it. I think it was more than just playing 4 tables/skin. Shouldn't be too hard to find using the search. I think he mentioned the word 'sister' in the post.

yid3655
05-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Nice reply thank you

I play most of my STTs on Party Poker and after I have opened 4 tables it wont let me open a 5th, is this for everyone or is there a way to open up more?

A_Junglen
05-23-2005, 08:28 PM
PP only allows 4.

valenzuela
05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
yes there is, empire poker.

Blarg
05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
raptor had more than one account at the same skin, which is what they don't allow.

Technically, they don't allow you to have accounts at more than one skin, but they don't really care about it as long as you don't do anything too glaring. raptor was pushing his luck pretty hard, using multiple accounts at the same site to run up his position on the leaderboard.

treeofwisdom7
05-23-2005, 09:53 PM
raptor is the MAN!