PDA

View Full Version : Counterintuitive thing that I believe...

curtains
05-23-2005, 04:19 AM
I like to raise more out of the BB with AA in the 10-15 when Im playing a $215 than if I were playing a $11-33. I beleive this is the exact opposite of how players here generally play?

Bigwig
05-23-2005, 04:23 AM
Yes, I think that's the opposite of how most would play AA in the BB.

Well, that was fun. Close the thread.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

curtains
05-23-2005, 04:25 AM
Well main idea is that someone is a lot more likely to donate all their money to me in a lower buyin s+g than a higher one with just top pair. So if like one limper in a $215 I would raise more from the blind than I would generally raise if there was one limper in a $22, because the overall EV of AA in a lower buyin game should be worth more, thus I don't want to waste it. I raise a signifigant amount in both cases anyway.

Bigwig
05-23-2005, 04:29 AM
Well, yes and no. At a lower buyin, you will also get more multi-way pots, as the knuckleheads will limp call with hands that are dangerous to you (JTs, 88, etc.) even if they aren't getting proper implied odds.

I think a 4 way pot against $11 players is just as dangerous to your AA as a heads up pot vs. a skilled $215 player, no? Perhaps moreso.

Newt_Buggs
05-23-2005, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think a 4 way pot against $11 players is just as dangerous to your AA as a heads up pot vs. a skilled $215 player, no? Perhaps moreso.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its just as dangerous, but I think that curtain is saying that theres a higher level of reward in exchange for that risk at the lower level buy ins. People will pay out at the lower buy ins but you won't get much action at a $200 by anyone with less than two pair. The claim that "AA either wins a small pot or loses a big one" is fairly accurate at a $200(i'm assuming) and innacurate at a $10.

Bigwig
05-23-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its just as dangerous, but I think that curtain is saying that theres a higher level of reward in exchange for that risk at the lower level buy ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

More action, yes. Higher likelihood of busting, yes. I think that the EV of all your hands goes up at the lower levels. So does their volatility. I still don't want 4 players to the flop with AA, so I'll bet exactly the amount to get one expected caller without making advertising my hand. No matter what the level.