PDA

View Full Version : River bluff

SGS
05-23-2005, 03:51 AM
I have 6,7dd on the button of a 2/4 game at full tilt. I have the villian covered in this hand. He has about 160. Folded to me and I make it 12 to go. Villian in the SB is the only caller. I have no notes on him.

FLOP J,J,5r

He checks and I check.

TURN 8

He bets 26 and I min raise to 52.

River 10

He checks and I bet 80. I figure on the river he basically needs a jack to call me and it is very unlikely he has one. Thoughts?

SGS

captZEEbo1
05-23-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm calling your ass without a jack =P although who knows why you don't bet this flop...

irishken
05-23-2005, 06:07 AM
I like this play. Only problem is mini stack = usually FISH = villain makes much looser calls.

I remember some one saying clever words "Dont bluff wihtout a read".

anduril
05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have 6,7dd on the button of a 2/4 game at full tilt. I have the villian covered in this hand. He has about 160. Folded to me and I make it 12 to go. Villian in the SB is the only caller. I have no notes on him.

FLOP J,J,5r

He checks and I check.

TURN 8

He bets 26 and I min raise to 52.

River 10

He checks and I bet 80. I figure on the river he basically needs a jack to call me and it is very unlikely he has one. Thoughts?

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

you bet $80 and he moves in for about $16 more and you look like a retard for trying to push someone off a hand with a tiny stack. I think it makes much more sense to bet the flop and try to take it down there. Minraising the turn has got to be the strangest thing I've ever seen.