PDA

View Full Version : Argh, what to do

JDErickson
05-23-2005, 02:52 AM
Opponent 38/5

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (2.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ???

Final Pot: 3.66 BB

toss
05-23-2005, 02:55 AM
I'd bet/fold. I'm also not wild about the call PF.

Moozh
05-23-2005, 03:02 AM
I agree with Toss on everything.

Pre-flop is marginal, I'd probably let it go.

Bet the turn and fold to a raise. There's a good chance you're chopping this, but you're also unlikely to be raised by a weak ace.

JDErickson
05-23-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet/fold. I'm also not wild about the call PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Table was very loose passive. This hand was an aberration. I honestly expected 3 or 4 more limpers

Jake (The Snake)
05-23-2005, 03:05 AM
not betting here is just begging for a bluff on the river i think. bet/fold.

toss
05-23-2005, 03:05 AM
Cool. I wish I could find 3/6 tables where people limped. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Trix
05-23-2005, 03:44 AM
He doesnŽt seem aggro enough to bet QJ/QT/JT on the river if I check, so IŽll bet-fold.

If there is a good chance that he will bluff with those hands, but will fold if you bet the turn, then checking is better.

If he call the flop with a pocket pair or 2x and will fold those on the turn, then checking is also better as they have very few outs and will probably pay off a river bet after you show weakness.

If he calls all these again on the turn, then it push it a bit towards checking, as you canŽt valuebet the river anyway after getting called on the turn, so you gain more by getting to see if you would hit your 2 outer the times he has Kx as you probably will get a raise in on the river, but he will only get one bet from you when he hits with 66 or such.

crunchy1
05-23-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not betting here is just begging for a bluff on the river i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then doesn't this sound like a great time to check the turn?

The paired Kings counterfeit our hand pretty bad and put us into what seems to be a WA/WB situation. If we check and we're behind we lose less. If we check and we're way ahead maybe we get a bluff bet from Villian on the river where, if Hero would've bet the turn, Villian would just fold.

brettbrettr
05-23-2005, 11:40 AM
I'd fold pre-lfop. But I'd bet this turn too. I'm not going to just check and let someone take it away from me.

sfcard
05-23-2005, 12:06 PM
I think some people are missing the point. If we choose to check the turn, part of the reason is to induce a bluff on the river. Noone is going to take it away from us. We are definitely calling. Also, seems like betting the turn assuming that we are palying to a split before seeing a big river card is questionable given our hand is AAKK2 at that point. Trix analysis was spot on.

Card

chief444
05-23-2005, 12:21 PM
No read on the opponent's postflop aggression?

If passive...I bet/fold.

If aggressive, I check and call a river bet.