PDA

View Full Version : help me out with some general blind play

jfresh
05-23-2005, 01:20 AM
been having a 10k hand, -150 BB downswing in 5/10 on party... i don't remember checking my positional stats in my other downswings, but i seem to be losing a ton of money in BB, -.26 per 100. SB is pretty bad too -.10 per 100. while on my upswing i was .11 and .01, though i was probably winning more in every spot, hence upswing... but i digress...

i just don't feel like i am "defending" by BB enough... i fold BB to steal about 60% of the time... a little high but not by much i don't think. i usually put up a fight if i flop a decent pair, or a good draw. i figure those aren't too tough to play

what happens when you don't flop anything but have Ace-rag? or a gutshot? or Ax and x> board...

basically how often do you "make a move for the pot" (don't have any good draws or pairs)?

anyways this post is kind of convoluted but i will take any advice you got to give me....

ihardlyknowher
05-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Everything is so opponent dependent, but here are someguidelines I use.

I try to defend with at least 50% of my hands. But consider how often your opponent steals. If he steals rarely, don't defend with likely dominated hands (K5o and the like). Being dominated out of position sucks.

If I flop anything HU against an opponent who will not always go to the showdown: a pair, flush draw, OESD, gutshot, or overcards* (*unless board is 3-flush and I don't have that suit OR board is 3 to a str8). I will generally c/r on the flop to take my opponent out of the lead. If he raises you to take back the lead, evaluate you hands in terms of number of outs and call accordingly (unless you have a big hand, then pop him back).

If my opponent will bluff all 3 streets, and I flop a pair or better, I will generally check-call all the way.

Just my thoughts. Hope they help.