PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 He let me catch up

D.J.
12-10-2002, 02:12 AM
I was playing in a 15-30 game at the Bellagio last night when this hand came up. Decent player in EP raises, I call in LP w/10 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif , BB calls and we see the flop 3-way which comes;

K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

He bets I call, BB folds, Turn brings the Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif , which he checks and I check behind, river card comes the 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif for a board of

K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

and I fill up. He bets and I put him on the straight and/or flush, I raise, he re-raises, I re-raise, he re-raises, and I call to see his Quad Q's. I know that I was badly outplayed in this hand, but regardless of the results, was I right to raise the second time?

-D.J.

JTG51
12-10-2002, 02:26 AM
I think I would have just called his 3 bet on the river. I can't see many players 3 betting a straight on that board. The K, Q, T, and 9 of clubs are all accounted for. The only reasonable flush hand that he could have, given that he is a decent player that raised from EP is AcJc. Would he raise Ac8c or Jc8c from EP? If he would you probably wouldn't be calling him a decent player.

The only full house you beat is 99. Add it up and there's not a very wide range of hands that a reasonable player would play this way that you beat.

Most importantly, I would have folded on the flop. How many hands would a decent player raise from EP with that you can beat with that flop? Maybe AJ, maybe 88? There aren't too many others. How many outs do you feel good about? Three (non club J's)? There's only 7 SBs in the pot, looks like a fold to me.

bernie
12-10-2002, 04:58 AM
i wouldnt raise a 2nd time...

a decent player isnt 3 betting you with a flush here unless he has a very good read that he can beat you. his raise definitely means he can beat a str8 or a flush, but on a paired board, i think his raise means muchmore...in fact when he 3 bets you he has at least a FH. he can see the paired board too. couple that with the fact he raised preflop from EP. you could probably lay it down on the 5th bet he puts in....youre beat.

what part of 'decent player/EP raises' is so hard to put him on a hand? what flush could he have? AJ /forums/images/icons/club.gif ? that's about the only holding that's really even possible here...

ya wasted alot of chips on the river...

b

cybertilt
12-10-2002, 10:56 AM
D.J. I think I would have reraised the flop to get the BB out of the hand and isolated the EP. But when this flop comes and he bets into you, I think you have an easy muck. All three cards are in the playing zone and you only have 2 outs.

Tommy Angelo
12-10-2002, 12:58 PM
"Turn brings the Q , which he checks"

While reading your post, when I got to this part, my hunch was, no kidding, to fold, even though there was no bet, and not even risk catching a straight or flush or a ten.

Tommy

mikelow
12-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Try folding on the flop. EP raise preflop with that board. You are drawing very very thin. Backdoors and gutshots (which may not be good) aren't good enough on this hand.