PDA

View Full Version : 10+1 - Level 9 - AJ in BB w/ raise and push before me....

octaveshift
05-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Easy call?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3590)
Button (t2920)
SB (t1490)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1490 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero....?

Pasterbator
05-23-2005, 01:56 AM
I play the $10+1's too. Unless you have a read otherwise, i would reraise the button all in. Best case scenario, you knock both out. Good scenario, button folds and you break almost even on the hand, regardless of the SB's hand. Worst case scenario, you double up the button and play catch up the rest of the way.

Other thoughts?

AlphaWice
05-23-2005, 01:57 AM
hero 6BB
button 5bb
SB 2ishBB

Button moves to 2BB, looks like decent ace or king, maybe QT Q9 also.

Why would button move to 2BB as opposed to AI? I think he intends to put SB all in and thats it.

Now SB goes all in, what is his range? If he folds, then he has 1.5xBB. I think his range is pairs, any ace, high kings, some queens.

It's an easy call because you are beating both players, and you have them covered. You can win the tourney right here.

I would call, and AI on any J, A, or lower than 9 high flop, + some other flops.

ofcourse i dont know much.

Scuba Chuck
05-23-2005, 02:15 AM
If button had raised allin, I would say call as there is a side pot to play for as well. The way this played, I'm not confident that calling/raising is a good idea at all. If hero pushes here, I'm not confident raiser is calling. That being said, if he folds, there is a lot of dead chips in this pot.

Hmmm, this is a good question. The dead chips vs a call by other big stack if hero pushes...

I'd like to see someone do some math on this to come to a conclusion.

Scuba
Who's a little lazy right now.

Edit: I'll help with HRs. 55+, A7+

lastchance
05-23-2005, 02:24 AM
But if raiser doesn't push, you're getting t1200 in dead money. That gives you almost 2:1 in pot odds, which is probably better than button calling.

With the blinds so large, I don't see how you do anything besides slide all of your chips into the middle.

And if Button pushes, side pot being created.

Button, with 5x BB, has a very large range: at least top 30, maybe top 40%, unless button's horribly weak-tight, and that's so common at the 11's.

That's 22+, A2+, K9+, QJ.

SB, since he's got 2x BB, and a quarter of his chips in the middle, and getting almost 3:2 if you fold, I think has to call with the range above, or at the very least, a range AJ has completely pwned.

So, yeah, I shove all my chips in here. If opponents are reasonable at all, you should be ahead most of the time.

octaveshift
05-23-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy call?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3590)
Button (t2920)
SB (t1490)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1490 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero....?

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="000000">

Here was my thought process:

1. I have 6x BB. The chance that I will see a better hand in the next few orbits is highly unlikely.

2. The button had been doing these minraises from the bubble on... He had never pushed PF, so I didn't put him on a trap play. (I pushed over top of him twice before when he minraised, and he dropped.)

3. Best case I take them both out.

4. Worst case I probably end up taking second.

5. One hour earlier I busted out of a 300 person multi in 9th place with AJo. (I was midstack in BB w/ 38k. Blinds were 6k w/ ante. UTG limped, folded to me, and I pushed. He called clock, let it run down to final seconds and then called with AQ.)

Taking all of the above into account (especially my desire to make AJ do some mother-f'ing work for a change,) I called.

(On a side, does anyone see my play in #5 as bad? First place was an all-expense paid trip to Vegas for 2. No other spots paid.)

curtains
05-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Well the only thing for certain is that folding is terrible. I'd probably just move allin now

Scuba Chuck
05-23-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well the only thing for certain is that folding is terrible. I'd probably just move allin now

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtains, I am beginning to see this, could you elaborate more?

octaveshift
05-23-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see someone do some math on this to come to a conclusion.

Edit: I'll help with HRs. 55+, A7+

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Better yet, if someone could explain exactly _how_ to do the math, I will gladly do it. Teach a man to fish, anyone?

kyro
05-23-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm not curtains, but I'll see what I can do.

Button is raising. This means he got dealt two cards. OK, so the hand range is a little narrower, but you get my drift.

SB knows this. Is getting desperate. Pushes with a slightly narrower range than button.

BB is awesome. BB has AJ. BB knows that AJ most likely crushes the range of hands of the other two. Raising all-in may even get button to fold.

Eh?

JC_Saves
06-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I would fold this hand in this situation and let those two duke it out. AJo is a nice hand, but you have a lot of action in front of you. I would have not trouble laying this hand down.

Well, I just got done reading the other replies and see that my take is definitely the minority here.

Here is why I would lay it down. I am in great position right now to either win or take second. I think that you could be dominated by AK or AQ, KK, QQ, JJ or any pair for that matter are possibilities.

I see no need to risk two thirds of my stack on a possibility to end it. He went all in knowing you were still to act, doesn't that say he doesn't care what you have, especially since you have him covered?

There is no need to get involved in this pot at this point with the stacks involved. If I were suited I might think a little longer, but I would still probably fold and let them duke it out.
Best case I am heads up, worst case things are the same as they were before the hand started.

fluorescenthippo
06-06-2005, 05:19 PM
i push

if button folds, great. great pot odds, good hand

if button calls, its still fine. you probably have button beat since he min raised. if you beat the button and lose to SB, you are in the top two.
if you lose to both, oh well.

being a 10+1 i would say the button would fold here a lot, which means this is a clear push.

JC_Saves
06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't think that the button would fold in this spot. He is pot committed and would call the all in I think.

I misread who the all in bettor. I might push in this situation but I would have to know more about the opponents to make this decision..........

adanthar
06-07-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one is all about how good or how tricky the button is and is highly dependent on the raiser. There are a few guys who basically just flash aces when they do this. Otherwise, I at least call, push against most donkeys, etc.

schwza
06-07-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. The button had been doing these minraises from the bubble on... He had never pushed PF, so I didn't put him on a trap play. (I pushed over top of him twice before when he minraised, and he dropped.)

[/ QUOTE ]

it was the old put-your-read-in-your-second-post play.

curtains
06-07-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one is all about how good or how tricky the button is and is highly dependent on the raiser. There are a few guys who basically just flash aces when they do this. Otherwise, I at least call, push against most donkeys, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an $11 sit and go? What are the odds the guy is min raising AA....it's absurd, this is an obvious allin, especially since you have tons of folding equity at the $11s with this play.

fluorescenthippo
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that the button would fold in this spot. He is pot committed and would call the all in I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

People at the 10s cant even spell the word committed. Based upon my experience when i used to play the 10s, id say there is a 30% chance button folds. which is huge

adanthar
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I think I'm getting to be too much of a lawyer or something...yeah, in an 11, of course I call or push. I just don't wanna say that outright when somebody doesn't get what the caveats are.