PDA

View Full Version : Preparing to move up

GooperMC
05-22-2005, 11:33 PM
I am about 25BB away from my move up goal and I have been winning at a decent rate so I figure that I will be there soon. I wanted to one more PTO stat check before moving up, specifically thinking about how these stats need to change as I move up to 1/2 and beyond.

Total stats:
Hands: 9211
VP$IP: 17.7
W$SF: 21.28
BB/100: 1.7
WtSD: 26.89
W$SD 64.05
PFR: 2.8
PFAgg: .19
FlopAgg: .92
TurnAgg: 1.45
RiverAgg: 2.04

Since I have figured out how to play this game /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Hands: 4423
VP$IP: 16.9
W$SF: 23.85
BB/100: 4.9
WtSD: 26.41
W$SD: 68.99
PFR: 2.99
PFAgg: .20
FlopAgg: 1.17
TurnAgg: 1.82
RiverAgg: 2.36
TotalAgg: .78

These are the first 9200 limit O8 hands I have ever played so I am placing more stock in the last 5K hands then I am in the first 5K hands. I am just posting the total stats for reference sake and would really prefer comments on the last 5K hands.

Here is what I would think about these numbers.

VP$IP: I have actually gotten tighter which I would like to chance. I am guessing that players will be a little more aware at higher levels and are going to be less willing to pay me off if I am that tight. I don’t except much to chance when I move to 1/2 but I would imagine it will chance when I get to 3/6 or 5/10.

W$SF: I would still like to get this higher which I am assuming I am going to have to do when I move up levels. I am making most of my money on large family pots which I am guessing will be fewer and farther between at higher levels.

Agg: Overall I like these numbers. I am the most aggressive player in my database with over 1K hands and I feel like I am beginning to pushing at the right times and drawing players in at the right times.

Comments on these numbers? Advice on moving up to 1/2 in general?

Ironman
05-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Gooper,

I really like those numbers. I actually think that there are a suprisingly small number of players at 1/2 and 2/4 that use PT and therefore really would not know the difference between you playing 17% and 23%.

I'm playing very comfortably with a VPIP of 23 and W$SD of 71.

No need to change your game when you are doing well.

By the way, I really like the games at 1/2 and 2/4 better than those .25/.50 and .50/1. I was doing some multitable work down at the lower levels yesterday to work off a bonus and just found it frustrating at the micro level.

Good aggression numbers.

Good luck,

Dave

Mr_J
05-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Yeh figs look good (in relation to what gergery has posted).

I have a similiar VPIP. Don't know what hands I'm passing on that other guys will play to push that up. I can't figure what I could be adding? A4s/A5s? A45? 235x? 23xx (with high cards I guess)?

W$SF is low. I think that should be at least high 20's? I'm about 35% at 3/6 (small sample) but that's because you can actually bluff there.

mosquito
05-23-2005, 04:50 PM
2nd set of numbers look great. Only comment here
is that i've found you can run really really well
over a few thousand hands and not always realize it.

You may do (slightly) better or (somewhat) worse over
a longer stretch.

My VP$IP is running around 16.9-17.3 the last couple
months. I select whether to play certain groups of
marginal hands based on position and table agg, almost
like HE. But not nearly to the same extent of course.

You did not mention the site you are on. Party 1/2
V .5/1 is a bit tighter and more aggro. Occasional
blind steal/defense. Some games look just like .5/1.
You will adjust.

GooperMC
05-23-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2nd set of numbers look great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Only comment here
is that i've found you can run really really well
over a few thousand hands and not always realize it.

[/ QUOTE ]
5000 hands isn't enough to show true win rate but I think that it is enough to prove (at least to myself) that I can beat .5/1 and am ready to move up.

[ QUOTE ]
You did not mention the site you are on

[/ QUOTE ]
Some hands on paradise and most on party. I haven't decided where I am going to play 1/2 however. I was going to save that question for another post in about a week or so when I decided to move up.

Mendacious
05-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Not to hijack your thread, but I play PL instead of limit so let me tell you how those numbers would look to me playing PL and I'd love comments about how PL and limit numbers differ.

First VP$IP 17-- this is obviously on the tight end of the spectrum for either PL or Limit. You can definately play PL at wide variance of VP$IP and be successful, but I think you have to be pretty tight at Limit to be successful, so this number is rock solid-- to slightly low.

W$SF 23 This number would be putrid at PL. Although you can force some people off draws and SMART people off likely quarters in PL, by the same token they can force you out so I'm not sure how different the numbers should really be. I really think this number should be over 30 and closer to 33, at least in PL

WTSD 26-- normal to low
W$SD 69-- very good for PL. I suspect higher numbers are easier to achieve in limit because a) you should never get all-in and forced to showdown, and b) your quarters won't always lose you money the way they do in PL (although conversely you probably get quartered more often in Limit because the penalty is nowhere near the same as it is in PL where you probably lose half your stack. In any case I think this number is nothing to worry about.

Aggession-- the numbers look good but I really have no idea how to correlate them. Pre-flop is WAY higher than PL, but it should be. Post flop is low, but the rest look good and they escalate which I think is correct for LIMIT.

Finally, your BB/100 is solid, and probably good for Limit. You would not believe the BB/100s that you can get in PL. I've got 10,000 hands at various limits and 15-20 BB/100 is achievable and sustainable at PL0/8-- at least up to throught the Party Poker $100 tables. After that I can't comment but I think there are way fewer fish so you have to earn the money.