PDA

View Full Version : JJ versus UTG Tag raiser.

brettbrettr
05-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Standard?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Jh, Jc.
UTG raises, 6 folds, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) Ah, 8s, 9s (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 7c (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets

rmarotti
05-22-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't think this is standard. Reads?

brettbrettr
05-22-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is standard. Reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I saw him play a few hands and he seemed solid. The check-raise didn't make sense to me. I know some guys don't cap pre-flop with AK or AA, but since he didn't I figured I'd take a shot. In short, seemed solid, but not an exact read.

rmarotti
05-22-2005, 10:59 PM
If you are ahead he probably has about 6 outs. I *might* just call the c/raise and then calldown. This might be influenced by my playing too much shorthanded lately, though. I agree that the flop c/raise is a bit suspicious, but some decent players would play a big ace this way. Remember, some people think AK is "just a drawing hand."

Harv72b
05-22-2005, 11:06 PM
You would have to have a very specific read on UTG to make this play worthwhile, because I seriously doubt that anybody is folding AQ-ATs HU, and he almost certainly has an ace.

I've read on here in the past that it's usually wise to bet without outs, check with them. You've got outs on the turn, probably 6 of them, and so the only reason I can think of for 3-betting the flop (taking a free card) should come into play here.

27offsooot
05-22-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You would have to have a very specific read on UTG to make this play worthwhile, because I seriously doubt that anybody is folding AQ-ATs HU, and he almost certainly has an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

brettbrettr
05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probably. He folded to my turn bet, so we'll never know.

Is his a line--the c/r flop--that you'd take with KK, QQ?