PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek or Star Wars?

Lawrence Ng
05-22-2005, 10:27 PM

tbach24
05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Star Wars

Lawrence Ng
05-22-2005, 10:32 PM
I know the two are a bit difficult to compare, but I've always imagined Star Wars to be more so a futuristic ninja kung fu based story than a sci fi based story.

Lawrence

Duke
05-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Star Wars had Episode 1, and Star Trek had Voyager.

I'll call it a dead heat.

~D

Pocket Trips
05-22-2005, 10:50 PM
I have always been a die hard star wars fan and just a casual trek fan. But the atrocity that passed for episode 6 has pushed me over the edge. I will never go see another thing Lucas ever does. It seems like these 3 movies were just put to gether for him to play with his new technological toys. He didn't even bother to put any semblance of a plausible story together. He also left many inconsistancies between the 2 trilogies. To me the most glaring one was the fact that in ESB when Luke leaves his training with Yoda to go save Han and Leia Obi wan says "he was our only hope" and Yoda says "no there is another" referring to Leia but we see in episode 6 that Obi wan knew that the luke ands leia were twins!!!

Anyway my point is that at least star trek has almost always put out quality installments to their franchise. The same cannot be said for Star Wars

Clarkmeister
05-22-2005, 10:52 PM
Star Wars is almost more like Fantasy disguised as Sci-Fi. Star Trek is more like true Sci-Fi.

CallMeIshmael
05-22-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have always been a die hard star wars fan and just a casual trek fan. But the atrocity that passed for episode 6 has pushed me over the edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean episode 3 right?

[censored]
05-22-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Star Wars had Episode 1, and Star Trek had Voyager.

I'll call it a dead heat.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you didn't like episode I?

TimM
05-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Hard to compare, Star Trek has the movies and hundreds of TV episodes, while Star Wars only has the movies.

jedi
05-23-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To me the most glaring one was the fact that in ESB when Luke leaves his training with Yoda to go save Han and Leia Obi wan says "he was our only hope" and Yoda says "no there is another" referring to Leia but we see in episode 6 that Obi wan knew that the luke ands leia were twins!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your point here? Obi-Wan knew. His comments in ESB don't say that he didn't know Leia was around. Just that in his view, Luke was the last hope. Remember, Leia was probably going to die soon on Cloud City anyways.

Back to the original question. Star Wars is more of a space opera than a real Sci-Fi story.