PDA

View Full Version : Marco Polo- a crime punishable by death?

tbach24
05-22-2005, 10:14 PM
My dad and I were in FLA and at a cafe/lunch place on the pool patio of my grandparents apartment. Anyways, we're eating and enjoying our dinner when all of a sudden we hear this screech followed by a series of screeches. We soon identify this as the devil's game Marco Polo. I never played this when I was little because it's stupid. Anyways this game should be a serious crime. Don't let your kids play it when they are within shouting distance of other human beings.

daryn
05-22-2005, 10:17 PM
don't you play this game in a pool?

what the [censored] are you talking about?

Thythe
05-22-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't you play this game in a pool?

what the [censored] are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

tbach24
05-22-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pool patio

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit- perhaps you were referring to my title. It was a joke.

shant
05-22-2005, 10:24 PM
C'mon, it's little kids playing a game. If you were playing Marco Polo with your friends when you were younger and some old nit came along hating on what you were doing you'd think he was a jackass.

tbach24
05-22-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, it's little kids playing a game. If you were playing Marco Polo with your friends when you were younger and some old nit came along hating on what you were doing you'd think he was a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never played. I played cool games like diving to the bottom of the pool to find the rings or splash fights.

shant
05-22-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never played. I played cool games like diving to the bottom of the pool to find the rings or splash fights.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, yeah I'm not arguing against this. Marco Polo is definitely the worst of all pool games. I think the best when we were younger was a variation on HORSE but with dives off the diving board.

tbach24
05-22-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, yeah I'm not arguing against this. Marco Polo is definitely the worst of all pool games. I think the best when we were younger was a variation on HORSE but with dives off the diving board.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is another cool game, but for a group older than the kids I see playing Marco Polo. I think diving HORSE is for 8-12 whereas Marco Polo is for 5-8. I wish that parents would just not teach kids this game.

shadow29
05-22-2005, 10:36 PM
We always just beat the [censored] out of each other in the pool.

WSUchica
05-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry, I still don't get why Marco Polo is so bad?? I used to play it when I was younger and I always had fun. I even played with Billy Madison once:

Looks like they're playing water polo
Maybe it's MARCO polo

Marco!

Polooooo!

(not sure if those are the exact lines but you get the drift) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Sharks and minnows = best pool game ever.

mostsmooth
05-23-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sharks and minnows = best pool game ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
when i was like 11 or 12, i used to play a game where the girl would hide the diving mask in her bikini bottom and i would have to get it out. this game beats the balls off sharks and minnows.

Dead
05-23-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finding the rings was the shiznit. Even better was getting your hand stuck in the drain for 3 minutes and needing a lifeguard to come pull you off of it.

twankerr
05-23-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finding the rings was the shiznit. Even better was getting your penis stuck in the drain for 3 minutes and needing a lifeguard to come pull you off of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvious, but FYP.

jakethebake
05-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Teach them to play the "tie a cinder block around their waist" diving game.

Rotating Rabbit
05-23-2005, 09:18 AM
holy sh1t dude that happened to you? did you go unconscious?

There was a tv show covering real life emergencies that happened here in uk; one was about this girl who got her long hair (wasnt tied back) stuck in the filter of a jacuzzi somehow, and neither she or anyone else could untangle it. Iirc she was stuck head down at the bottom of the jacuzzi for 20(!) minutes while people ran around to find scissors while several people gave her mouth to mouth. Amazingly the centre didnt have any scissors easily found (some ridiculous legal rule on first aid kits?!) so it took a long time before someone got some.

Dr. Strangelove
05-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Diving for bricks was fun.

tbach24
05-23-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Teach them to play the "tie a cinder block around their waist" diving game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is a great plan