PDA

View Full Version : battling a sinus infection

bholdr
05-22-2005, 09:38 PM
every year around this time i get a really nasty sinus infection. i've taken courses f antibiotics before but it always comes back the next season.

so i've got it right now, and it sucks ass- i have effectivly no sense of taste or smell, my head hurts like hell from the pressure, neon green goo is running out my nose, the works.

anybody have any suggestions? anything that would at least flush out my sinus cavities would be greatly appreciated. this sucks. I went and had some sushi, and ate about a teaspoon of straight wasabi- it worked for about a minute.

i've heard things about baking soad, vinegar, etc, but nothing concrete. helpful links would be great too. homeopathic and home remidies will all be considered. TYIA.

BTW, i'd bet that i could easily do the bruisers wasabi challenge right now, in fact i may just do it to see if it helps.

wacki
05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anything that would at least flush out my sinus cavities would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're looking to flush your sinuses, get an expectorant. Talk to your doctor. It's cheap and very effective. Trust me when I say drink lots of water.

New001
05-22-2005, 09:44 PM
On another note, I had/have a sinus infection that seems to be going away, is there anything special that needs to be done or can I just let it go away naturally? The symptoms are almost gone and I feel pretty much normal, but there are a couple things still lingering.

Voltron87
05-22-2005, 10:00 PM
i've been having something similiar, my nose is all stuffed up, runny as well, and my throat is sore, kind of parched. it is just not going away. i'm seeing my doctor tomorrow for a yearly physical, what should i ask him?

jakethebake
05-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Saline spray is the best thing. I never even bother with antibiotics anymore. If I end up with an actual sinus infections after a cold or whatever, I just use saline spray for a couple of days and it usually clears right up.