PDA

View Full Version : Progress Post (content, but somewhat long)

macdaddy991
05-22-2005, 08:08 PM
I registered at 2+2 almost a year ago, but didn’t really post until last November. This was about the time that I decided to learn hold’ em from the ground up. I began to read, and decided not to move up limits until I had at least 20k hands at the previous limit. I started at .50/1$. Due to my desire to make school more important then poker, (poker put up a good fight though) I was only slowly able to grind out hands. I finally got through to 20k and wanted to share my progress.

Hands 20,132
VP$IP 18.13%
VP$SB 29.48%
Fold SB Steal 80.95%
Fold BB Steal 71.93%
W$WSF 34.84%
Went SD 33.68%
Won$ SD 53.30%
PF Raise 8.63%
Aggression
Flop 2.20
Turn 3.25
River 1.53
Total 2.64

BB/100 3.29

Comments on stats are appreciated, but I have read many stat bench marks, so I roughly know where I stand. I will be moving up to 1/2$ right after I clear my bonus and re read SSHE. My goals for 1/2$ are as follows.

Post more: To be frank, I don’t reply to posts enough. I feel that I don’t have much to say, but I need to get over that. Replying to posted hands and topics will only make me a much better player.
Stop calling hopeless hands like a donk: I have this terrible tendency to call with weak hands in a weak pot because I am pissed that my PF raise worthy hand tanked.
Stop tilting when I am running cold: When I get a cold streak, I tend to go LAG and try to win pots with aggression only. The only thing that I do in this situation is lose a lot of chips.
Play each table situationally: I tend to still have a cookie cutter approach to each table I sit at. I need to learn to play cards in the context of each table and approach the table accordingly.
Learn to 3 and 4 table: Right now I am at only 2
Post more: I’m just going to say it again

I have learned a tremendous amount from all the posters, especially at the micro forum. I would like to thank specific people, but know that I would leave some out, so I will just be general and thank everyone with a post count higher then mine.