PDA

View Full Version : Bottom two on a coordinated board in a large pot - oh yeah

wheelz
05-22-2005, 07:54 PM
UTG is TAG, CO is so loose-passive he just check-called me on every street with J8 on a 79T34 board (yes you read that correctly) 3 hands ago, button is also loose-passive but more normal. How about that river action huh? /images/graemlins/blush.gif Preflop...?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (17 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Alobar
05-22-2005, 08:11 PM
preflop = meh. But I know getting 10-1 or whatever, eveyone is going to tell me im a weak tight little ninny

Woa. If you are going to take the flop and turn line you did, not betting this river is just criminal.

Im trying to decide how I play the flop. If button is loose passive, will he raise draws? If not I might just call and c/r a safe turn. Capping isnt going to fold anyone out you want out, and your hand is very very vunerable and the pot pretty big, so I start to think if maybe there are ways to protect my hand rather than simply pumping for percieved value. If you are unsure of buttons position then cappng is proll best. Im not sure how I'd handle a scary turn tho (A, Club, 9, J).

wheelz
05-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah I don't need any comments on the river /images/graemlins/grin.gif I was so paranoid that I was beat already... checking is pretty inexcusable. But the rest of the hand I do wonder.

And I don't actually have any reads, just definitions brought to you via pokertracker stats.

clownshoes
05-22-2005, 08:21 PM
I think calling and c/r a safe turn sounds good here

krishanleong
05-22-2005, 10:25 PM
I like the flop. The river is just aweful. How did anything change from the turn? Someone has a Q and will pay you off.

Krishan

Transference
05-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Hero has a vulnerable holding and an aggressive preflop raiser to act immediately after him. Betting this flop and forcing the field to face 2 cold significantly improves his chances of winning this pot.

Did you mean calling the 3 bet?
I still like a cap on the flop myself, with this much aggression behind me I want to take control.

wheelz
05-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Absolutely nothing. Of course someone has a Q and was going to pay me off.

Just one of those moments... you know.