PDA

View Full Version : Call this with ace high?

Roy6
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
MP is 78/28/1.79 and quite LAGgy.

I know I have a nothing hand, but his preflop cap can just be a pretend he has a legit raising hand.
Postflop he can do this with a K-high flush draw or also with AQ.
Of course I lose to AK and any PP but the pot is kinda big.
Or is it a bad idea to call, UTG still to act?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

MagicFlea
05-22-2005, 07:13 PM
something is certainly wrong here... your three bet indicates you're calling him out on raising with a weak hand and then you only proceed to make his "bluff" as successful as he possibly could have hoped. Either you put him on a good hand when he caps and fold the flop, or you follow your read to the end when rags fall

Roy6
05-22-2005, 07:16 PM
I called the flop becasue I had at least 1 live card I think and some backdoor draws.

MagicFlea
05-22-2005, 07:20 PM
And the turn with the flush draw... still if you're three betting with AQo, you think there's a good chance he's on a weaker hand. I don't think a river bet (after standard flop and turn bets) is any reason to change your mind. I guess the read depends on the cap, but those are pretty high numbers to give someone respect for much. you might get shown AJs, KQs just enough to make that call worthwhile

wackjob
05-22-2005, 08:13 PM
How about a raise on the flop? This might drive out UTG with a smallish PP that has you beat. As well you will have a better idea where you stand with MP. If you get reraised you see the turn and fold if UI.