PDA

View Full Version : BRL's interesting hand of the day

bigredlemon
05-22-2005, 06:44 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.5/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls

5th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

6th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks

River

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks

Results:

Hero: balance $15.25, lost $1.75 [ Ac 4c Kc 9c 5d Td 8h ] [ high card ace -- Ac,Kc,Td,9c,8h ]
Seat 6: balance $16.75, bet $1.75, collected $4.75, net +$3 [ Kh Js As 7h 9s Tc 3d ] [ high card ace with jack kicker -- As,Kh,Js,Tc,9s ]

Reads: Villain is a little on the loose side but not your typical party .5/1 loose. Not especially aggressive either.

I'm sure there's so many ways of playing this hand. I took the safe approach. Thoughts?

DeadMoneyOC
05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
If you are going to play the hand that fast just keep going on 5th and 6th. He was bricking off so you might get him to fold. He was pretty much calling you down with air but I guess that why you need to know your player. I dont like the raise on 3rd though. I dont think your hand is that good, but like I said...If your going to play it fast you better keep going on 5th and 6th and maybe even 7th.

bigredlemon
05-22-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm wrong to think that suited (A4)K is good here? Except for the Ace and bring in, no one else has an up low card. No one has an upcard higher than me except for the ace, so I'm likely to get HU with a low draw. My flush is also fairly live. I kind of like my hand.

DeadMoneyOC
05-22-2005, 07:41 PM
I think your hand is definitly playable, but you were in first position on 3rd street so I think that makes the value of your hand go down. If you dont steal the antes you need to catch good on 4th, which you did. You could play it either way. I dont have a problem with playing it fast, but if you are going to play it fast make sure you keep speeding!