PDA

View Full Version : Shaved Pussy

SpearsBritney
05-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Mantasm posted this pic in a previous thread. I remember seeing it (or something similar) years ago, but still laughed my ass of when I saw it again. The paws just [censored]' kill me. I am seriously considering doing this to my cat for my own sick twisted pleasure. Do you think he would actually feel shamed or have long-term psychological damage if I did?

http://img239.echo.cx/img239/4070/shavedcat7np.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

peachy
05-22-2005, 06:46 PM
not long term...but it definately affects them

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Do it. Then post pics.

SpearsBritney
05-22-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do it. Then post pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

What good is shaving a pussy if you're not gonna post pics? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voltron87
05-22-2005, 07:02 PM
while that pic is hilarious, it is messed up, don't do it. i imagine that if you live in a cold area this could be threatening to the life of your cat.

how long does it take the hair to grow back?

poker-penguin
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
That was the hardest I've laughed in several days.

KDawgCometh
05-22-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not long term...but it definately affects them

[/ QUOTE ]

it definetly does. I had to shave my cat because he causght a skin infection. He's a long hair, and he definetly lost some of his ego after he looked like a rat cat. He wasn't shaven to his skin like this pic, but you could notice a bruised ego on him for a while

siccjay
05-22-2005, 09:54 PM
that cat looks hella pissed

shant
05-22-2005, 09:56 PM
People do this to their cats all the time. It's called the "Lion Cut" and you can do a Google Image Search for "lion cut" and you'll see a ton of those pics.

Blarg
05-22-2005, 10:22 PM
It definitely humiliates them. They slink around after something like that.

I used to have persian cats, and during really hot summers, I would shave them down, though not to the point of baldness, which is pretty dumb. It was much more pleasant for them, and cats can get heatstroke like anyone else. Unlike us, they can't get rid of heat as easily at all, or walk outside of a stuffy house to cool off or such. So clipping them isn't a bad thing.

But complete shaving them like this is obviously for the "pleasure" of the owner, not the cat.

Doing this is very likely to give the cat some cuts, too. SO be very, very careful. Their skin is very loose on their body, and especially when they're the kind of cats with undercoats, it can be extremely hard to tell where the fur ends and the skin begins. You need to carefully clip out any knots first, and be extremely careful. Keep in mind that the plates that hold the clipper blades can get very hot, too.

All in all, it's a very unpleasant thing for most cats to go through. There are probably better ways for both you and the cat to have fun.

itsmesteve
05-23-2005, 09:27 AM
If your cat has claws, and you plan on doing this yourself, i suggest thick, thick, gloves and several long sleeve layers. My vet told me his {insert some breed with long hair here} love it, but my cat wanted to kill a motherfuker when she had to be shaved.

RYL
05-23-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that cat looks hella pissed

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Damn what a misleading post. I was expecting something else.

SpearsBritney
05-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I've decided against doing this for the following reasons:

1. I wouldn't want to do it if it would cause him any discomfort
2. I'm sure the novelty would wear off pretty quick
3. I can't see it being very easy to do without an anesthetic
4. If it already has a name (lion cut), then it's already played out
5. I've sobered up
6. I wuv my witto kitty too much

MowrMowr
05-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I had a friend with a long-haired cat for many, many years. As the cat got older he had trouble keeping his fur clean and it got matted sometimes, so they decided to cut some of it off thinking it would help him. He died the next day /images/graemlins/frown.gif