PDA

View Full Version : So I just moved up levels..

Reef
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
I went from 4 tabling the 6-max 50's to the 6-max 100's in the last 2 days. I've already made 3 horrible mistakes on incredibly easy plays (calling a big raise when I knew I was beat, raising a bluffer, and playing a monster hand too fast) . Maybe I'm just not used to the stakes, but these are gonna cost me big time if I don't shape up. I was wondering if this happened to others right after moving up. Any other thoughts/comments appreciated.

TStoneMBD
05-22-2005, 07:22 PM
well i dont play sit and goes, but i think in general when you first move up you are bound to make a few mistakes trying to adapt to your new environment, if not many. hopefully you identify them as quickly as possible.

congratulations on moving up. good luck!

Blackjack
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
think he means 6 max .5/1 NL to 1/2 NL

TStoneMBD
05-22-2005, 08:49 PM
oh yah, guess the "6max" didnt register for me.

Dov
05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
You may want to cut back to 2 tables until you are comfortable.

Add tables as your win rate improves or your comfort level increases.

BluffTHIS!
05-23-2005, 01:44 AM
The most important thing that I have found, especially since party upped the limits in march, is to take it real slow at first (and this means fewer tables at higher levels to start) until you can assemble good notes on all the new players that you encounter. It took me all the month of march to get good notes on all the new players who showed up in the bigger no-limit and plo games, and I did make errors based on mis-reading how I thought certain players were playing. Although this is obviously always the case when you encounter a new player at any time, the worst time is when you are confronted with a table full of unknowns in a big bet poker game.

In the same line, there is much to be said for continuing to play a table of the lower limit so that you get notes on players before they move up to a larger limit where mistakes against them will cost you more.