Blackjack
05-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Light a match and make some french fries on your face

stankybank
05-22-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wash it

[/ QUOTE ]

would you recommend a brand of face wash?

stankybank
05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Light a match and make some french fries on your face

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch

Klepton
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
do you watch tv?

step 1) turn on your tv
step 2) go to mtv
step 3) wait 20 seconds, you'll see a skin care commercial

btw, if you have pimples, no girl will ever [censored] you, ever.

gorie
05-22-2005, 06:13 PM
i don't know what the "best" solution is, but buy face wash or face scrub (something like clean & clear should be fine), wash face regularly (like in the morning and before bed).
if its really oily, through the day it wouldn't hurt to splash some water on your face and dry it off , cleansing pads might also help in between washing if it gets too oily.

IronDragon1
05-22-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wash it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something heavy and geared towards acne removal

This (http://www.anthony.com/index.cfm?action=catalog.browse&category=solution% 5Fbased&id_category=c9810ba2-9588-409f-8b73-cba1f8994be8&id_product=3ef2ec64-c026-456a-9454-c361314c96b2)

This too (http://www.zirh.com/product_detail.asp?ProductID=114)

You're also going to need a good astringent/toner to use after you wash your face

I use this one (http://store.yahoo.com/sharpsusa/tuner.html)

This one's good too (http://www.baxterofcalifornia.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=21)

Lastly, you're going to also need a good moisturizer. Gilette makes a good one which you can find the shaving section of any drugstore/grocery stores

Good high-end one (http://www.anthony.com/index.cfm?action=catalog.browse&category=face&id_c ategory=1b18d995-22b3-4a20-93f6-8673f6e2e5ab&id_product=57961fa8-a2da-47fc-aa59-30b0e2f903fc)

tbach24
05-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Clean and Clear has a 2 step thing that worked wonders for me. Just do that when you wake up and when you go to sleep. Also get those wipes (Neutrogena I believe) that are in the cylyndrical container and have a blue top. The one's with Aloe are nice. Use those whenever your face is greasy. Shower.

jakethebake
05-22-2005, 07:16 PM
I've always had oily skin and I've used Clearasil Daily Face Wash for years...best stuff I've found. Every once in awhile my wife buys something else but we always go back to this stuff.

Blackjack
05-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Whatever you do, don't use those [censored] oil absorbing wipes. They're like a plastic material, really thin and light purple. It wipes all the grease of your face.. BUT

It just causes the grease to come back faster and heavier.
Just wash your face whenever you go to the bathroom with soap.

Blackjack

Blarg
05-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I used to walk around with a few of those Wash-n-Dry individually packaged alcohol-soaked towelettes, and had those bottles of like 200 face wipes(usually cheaper when sold as baby wipes, but sometimes they have oils in them that way, kind of negating their usefulness) in my car. Nice and refreshing, and they would help at least a little bit on keeping down the zits.

I also slept with a towel I could put between my face and arm or face and pillow so the oil wouldn't build up and get impacted into my pores while sleeping.

I used to be super paranoid about this stuff when I was younger, because any stimulation on my face and neck would give me zits really really easily -- practically a breeze blowing by was enough. I didn't lean my face on my hand and put my elbow to the table when reading, etc.

And it worked.

I'd also watch your diet carefully. Some people protest that it didn't matter to them what they ate, they got no pimples, so you can eat what you want. But their advice only matters for people who can eat whatever they want and not get pimples! Some of us are very different. For me, caffeine and fats, especially chocolate(which has both) were a guarantee of a zit outbreak. So I changed my diet a lot, cutting out almost all sugar and fat, and it made a huge difference. One that would be instantly reversed if I started eating potato chips or had a piece of cake or something.

So, if you're anywhere near as zit-burdened as I was, be the cleanest person you know, try to make sure nothing touches your face and neck, and watch what you eat and drink. My fanatical steps were a lot of trouble, but they really worked great for me.

jakethebake
05-22-2005, 07:56 PM
All that finally helped miraculously as soon as puberty was over.

[ QUOTE ]
I used to walk around with a few of those Wash-n-Dry individually packaged alcohol-soaked towelettes, and had those bottles of like 200 face wipes(usually cheaper when sold as baby wipes, but sometimes they have oils in them that way, kind of negating their usefulness) in my car. Nice and refreshing, and they would help at least a little bit on keeping down the zits.

I also slept with a towel I could put between my face and arm or face and pillow so the oil wouldn't build up and get impacted into my pores while sleeping.

I used to be super paranoid about this stuff when I was younger, because any stimulation on my face and neck would give me zits really really easily -- practically a breeze blowing by was enough. I didn't lean my face on my hand and put my elbow to the table when reading, etc.

And it worked.

I'd also watch your diet carefully. Some people protest that it didn't matter to them what they ate, they got no pimples, so you can eat what you want. But their advice only matters for people who can eat whatever they want and not get pimples! Some of us are very different. For me, caffeine and fats, especially chocolate(which has both) were a guarantee of a zit outbreak. So I changed my diet a lot, cutting out almost all sugar and fat, and it made a huge difference. One that would be instantly reversed if I started eating potato chips or had a piece of cake or something.

So, if you're anywhere near as zit-burdened as I was, be the cleanest person you know, try to make sure nothing touches your face and neck, and watch what you eat and drink. My fanatical steps were a lot of trouble, but they really worked great for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
05-22-2005, 09:25 PM
I wish it had been over that quickly for me!

Blackjack
05-22-2005, 09:27 PM
So, the answer is to become OCD.

Then you'll need risperdal or something. So then you won't have oily skin, but you'll have dry mouth and constapation.

Stick with the Oily skin pizza face.

Blackjack

Blarg
05-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Maybe it would make you feel like you had OCD, but it won't for most people. Most of us will probably not get a dry mouth or constipation from eating right, either.

Being scrupulous about being clean and having a good diet might be more of a traumatic change for some than others. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Blackjack
05-22-2005, 09:43 PM
I for one enjoy the smell of ass.

Blackjack

DavidC
05-23-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
best solution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow the advice of your dermatologist.

-stop using gel in your hair
-buzz your hair
-wash body / hair / face often (2x daily)
-there's some product out there that has a little soap in it but is basically just sand. If you rub that into stuff it removes dead skin, much like sandpaper would. I'd imagine it would work on your face.

In conclusion, talk to your dermatologist. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sublime
05-23-2005, 12:38 AM

yes. neutrogena non-comegenic (spelling is wrong) daily face wash. its the best i have ever used, by a wide margin.

sublime
05-23-2005, 12:41 AM
also drinks lots of water. its a cure all.

UCF THAYER
05-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Now it's easier to stick it in her pooper.