PDA

View Full Version : session tracking

aba20
05-22-2005, 05:19 PM
how does everyone keep track of there stud records. I use pokertracker for holdem, is there anything similar for stud?

BeerMoney
05-22-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't use anything.

lstream
05-22-2005, 05:42 PM
I log all my sessions in a spreadsheet, but this only contains amount won or lost and the time played. Still it helps with knowing for sure what win or loss rates are.

BeerMoney
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
I am trying to be the laziest 2+2er though.

Stream, r u anal retentive? Let's discuss this. I think mike emery might be too.

beta1607
05-22-2005, 05:56 PM
try a spread sheet or pokercharts.com.

Roland
05-23-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is there anything similar for stud?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. PM me for a link.

boondockst
05-23-2005, 03:21 AM
I was thinking of developing an application for stud as i am a pretty good .NET programmer...PM me for something basic that you'd be interested in. This would be for Party Skins only and wouldn't be of the grand scale PT is but something maybe to at least track your/opponent win/loss. I'd be interested in maybe developing a GT+ type of overlay, as he's making it opensource.

Hauser_III
05-23-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stream, r u anal retentive? Let's discuss this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also track with a spreadsheet, and there's no doubt I'm anal retentive. That pretty much conclusively proves lstream must be, too....

dandy_don
05-23-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking of developing an application for stud as i am a pretty good .NET programmer

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep us posted on this if you would. There certainly seems to be a growing market for a stud version. I may be wrong, but it certainly seems that stud is catching on lately by the increased number of players/tables available on many sites now.

dandy_don
05-23-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use pokertracker for holdem, is there anything similar for stud?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this link after doing a web search, but it says that it was just released on May 7th (probably still de-bugging) and only works with Party, Empire or other Party skins; no good for me.

Stud Tracker (http://www.trackyourstack.com/)

If you download it, let me know what you think.

timmer
05-23-2005, 10:42 PM
I use a pen paper loads of hand histories and statking.

IF any one would develop somthing like pokertracker for stud I would buy it if it were almost as good.

timmer

jhernandez
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I wrote a little program to scan the current tables card history to see how people are playing during the current game (i.e. coming in with loose junk vs. (KK)A). This lets me know if someone is playing tight or prone to hold nothing.

I also created a nifty little table scanner which records all cards showing on the table.... lets me know what cards are dead for the current hand. Pretty cool, need to automate it fully, right now its a 1-click app.

Btw, none of this is cheating, it just saves me time. I could write down all this info on a piece of paper during the game, which is what I used to do before I made these apps for myself.

PoorLawyer
05-24-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Btw, none of this is cheating, it just saves me time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say so, then it must be true.

bigredlemon
05-24-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Is it wrong that I want something like that /images/graemlins/frown.gif

PoorLawyer
05-24-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Is it wrong that I want something like that /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides the bad habits it would form if you ever wanted to play live, I think it is questionable at best to have an automated program that tracks dead cards during a hand. I would also imagine it is against the T&C at a lot of sites.

PokerPunk11
05-24-2005, 01:54 PM
If you're looking for a good way to keep track of almost any of your records, you should go check out, checkyourbet.com.

jhernandez
05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Initially I relied on it a lot, but I agree, it does form bad habits. Then again, having the PokerTracker software is the same thing, it "remembers" stuff for you that you should be keeping tabs of. I still look at all the table cards and determine wether I should play my hand or not, but when it comes down to the end, its hard to remember which cards are dead and as a result make your opponents straight draw less likely to have hit, etc.

I basically just "grab" all available information, there's nothing I see that isnt available to everyone else sitting at the table. I don't consider that cheating.

PoorLawyer
05-24-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Initially I relied on it a lot, but I agree, it does form bad habits. Then again, having the PokerTracker software is the same thing, it "remembers" stuff for you that you should be keeping tabs of. I still look at all the table cards and determine wether I should play my hand or not, but when it comes down to the end, its hard to remember which cards are dead and as a result make your opponents straight draw less likely to have hit, etc.

I basically just "grab" all available information, there's nothing I see that isnt available to everyone else sitting at the table. I don't consider that cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a problem with people using pokertracker even though I get pounced on on this site since people get mad when you kick at their crutch. Maybe a descriptive email to your poker site describing the software you are running to pull info off their site whil you are playing would get an answer as to whether it is cheating. You might want to make a withdrawal first though /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lstream
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
I wonder if those of us who think the rules and ethics of live play must carry over to on-line play are headed the way of the dinosaur. I bet there are thousands of on-line players who couldn't care less if they use an on-line crutch that could impair their live game play.

Have a look at the response from PokerStars in this (http://www.livejournal.com/community/poker/17701.html) thread. This guy is making the point that online is different than B&M, and is essentially saying get used to it. As a live player guy first, and a recent on-line player, this worries me somewhat. Maybe us live guys will have to reset our expectation or simply recognize that on-line play will not be a level playing field for those that insist on carrying forward old rules into a new environment.

If it turns out that a significant group of players are using tools that others feel badly about using, then I think the poker sites should consider going above board with this stuff and offering ALL players the same tools as part of the package their sites offer. I think the most important concept here is having a level playing field. We will never get everyone to agree that a particular tool is acceptable or not. This does not extend to bots in my opinion - they should be hunted down and exterminated. However, tools that organize and present information available to all just by watching the table may become mainstream if the PokerStars response is any indication.