PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

trumpetd
12-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Just picked up a Delphi SkyFi reciever and home kit for $200. You can plug in to your stereo OR just a pair of powered speakers (like your computer speakers). You can also get a kit for your car and take it with you. If you listen to a lot of music/have a long commute/whatever, this is HIGHLY recommeded. I'm really impressed with the CD quality sound. I'm groovin' to a nice track from Nicholas Payton on "Real Jazz" one of 5 jazz channels now. Of course there is something for everybody, including lots of talk/news. There's even a station that plays only unsigned artists. For this month, they have 2 very good Christmas stations - one is more traditional than the other. Definetly the wave of the future. Check it out if you like music of any kind (or even talk radio /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ). 10 bucks a month is a steal for what you get. No, I don't work for them /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

HDPM
12-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Got it in my car and love it. I want it in my house now too. I opted against the plug and play thing because I wanted more direct sound. I like the Realjazz channel too. Along with a bunch of others. I won't have another car without it if I can help it.