PDA

View Full Version : Futurama coming back??

wacki
05-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Good news, everyone?

Over the last week, several sources from within the animation business have indicated to us that there is renewed talk at FOX about bringing fresh Futurama content directly to DVD. We corroborated this with other sources close to the show before publishing the information.

The talk is of course still in a preliminary stage. Options reported to us include one or more Futurama movies in case of a go-ahead.

Even though Futurama is not sure to return and the likelihood of its return is currently unknown, this is the first time in the past few years that we have heard of Futurama being discussed at the upper levels of FOX. They'll likely have a good look at the sales of the upcoming Futurama Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection.

As soon as we get more information on the Direct to DVD story, we'll let you know right here.

web page (http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/Comments.cgi?action=show&NewsID=1116435698,36520&P age=1)

Just for you daryn.

daryn
05-22-2005, 03:32 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
05-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Holy crap I hope it does! I came to love that show even more than the Simpsons -- it kept the aggressive bite that the Simpsons seemed to water down after a handful of years.

I have extremely severe doubts how well a new Futurama set will sell, though. If they are basing any part of their decision on the basis of sales for that, we can kiss a new series goodbye.

The yearly DVD's have been on sale for, well, years now. There is also a set of the first three years. There have been no new episodes for years. How the hell many times could we POSSIBLY be expected to buy the same damn DVD's? Now we're supposed to buy AGAIN? STILL??? Christ already. They must be truly, completely out of their minds. Blinded by idiot greed.

I don't care how much of a Futurama fan you are, there's just no reason to keep buying the same damn stuff. I can't imagine a repackaging of it as remotely enticing. If it were all new, separate material, maybe. But not the same old stuff jacked up with a new name and a cute insert or two. There's already a set of the first three years; I'm just guessing, but it sounds like they just want to make it a complete set of all four years, as if that's really presenting the market with a product that's new in a meaningful way.

Keep getting the link timing out, btw.

I understand Futurama reruns have been extremely popular on the Cartoon Network. They should be judging from things like that. I don't doubt a new Futurama would easily get just as good ratings as the new crap Fox regularly shovels onto the airwaves.

Ponks
05-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Woohooo this is good news. This is my fav show. Zoidberg is the man!

Ponks

wacki
05-22-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Keep getting the link timing out, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a few days. This is what is known as the /. effect.

Too much traffic!!

Ponks
05-22-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't doubt a new Futurama would easily get just as good ratings as the new crap Fox regularly shovels onto the airwaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

Ponks