PDA

View Full Version : Do you like my hand plan here?

party36master
05-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

This comes up all the time- I 3 bet, and the flop contains an overcard, and I'm bet into on the flop.

Here I raise, with a hand plan of blowing out UTG, betting the turn, and checking the river.

I likely have 2 outs here, but its an unknown player, so you never know. Also, if I'm 3 bet (regardless of from who), I'm calling, and folding the turn without my 9.

Do you like this line, or do you just fold the flop?

brettbrettr
05-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I play it the same

brettbrettr
05-22-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

This comes up all the time- I 3 bet, and the flop contains an overcard, and I'm bet into on the flop.

Here I raise, with a hand plan of blowing out UTG, betting the turn, and checking the river.

I likely have 2 outs here, but its an unknown player, so you never know. Also, if I'm 3 bet (regardless of from who), I'm calling, and folding the turn without my 9.

Do you like this line, or do you just fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ease up on the posts. You're flooding the board, bro.

party36master
05-22-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In one of my recent threads, someone told me to post more, so I guess you can't please everyone.

brettbrettr
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In one of my recent threads, someone told me to post more, so I guess you can't please everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

They meant reply more, not post more of your own hands.

spickard83
05-22-2005, 06:46 PM
I think your line is good, but I'm interested to hear some people's thoughts on the 3-bet pf. Is this a standard play or did you have a specific read in this situation. My first instinct would be to just call.

Pokey
05-22-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your line is good, but I'm interested to hear some people's thoughts on the 3-bet pf. Is this a standard play or did you have a specific read in this situation. My first instinct would be to just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two items:

1. It is common to reraise loose preflop raisers when you've got a strong starting hand. The goal is to get heads-up with position and dead money from the blinds where your hand dominates the opponent's. The play is called an "isolation raise," and -- used sparingly -- is very valuable.
2. With a pair of 9s, your pot equity is really large. Preflop raises with this hand are usually +EV on their own, especially from later positions.