PDA

View Full Version : Trent Lott At It Again

HDPM
12-09-2002, 02:04 PM
Anytime things are good for Republicans in the senate, Lott manages to find a way to screw it up. Here's a link. web page (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20730-2002Dec6.html)

Lott must be forced out as majority leader over this. That speech is inexcusable and should end his political career. It won't of course. He should be permanently punished by the senate with horrible committee assignments and the like. Won't happen. What an embarrassment Lott is.

Clarkmeister
12-09-2002, 02:23 PM
The article definitely seems to have an agenda, however .......

It is still yet another example illustrating why those who insist that this country no longer has serious problems with racism are delusional at best.

Easy E
12-09-2002, 02:46 PM
"Thurmond and adopt a platform that said in part, "We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race.""

This sentiment, expressed much more forcefully 50 years ago, is one that I've ALWAYS felt clearly marked the intelligence level of the person spouting it...

Or, in other words: If we were gonna put all of the "pure blood" people (of ANY race) in one room, how big would that room be? I'm thinking my 400 SF guest bedroom... with room for a buffet table.... and chairs

sourwhiskystrait
12-09-2002, 04:01 PM
He's a regular grand wizard of the Knights of ......
He should be very popular on this board.