PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode 7

Shaman
05-22-2005, 10:50 AM
At the end of Return of the Jedi, everyone becomes a good guy. This is a problem because there is no more dark side to counterbalance the good side. In short, there is an imbalance in the force.

If there had to be an Episode 7, it would have to be about a resurgence in the dark side. And since Leia is a weak untrained Jedi, then such a movie would just have to be made with Leia getting sucked into the dark side.

TStoneMBD
05-22-2005, 10:56 AM
jaja binks leads the empire rebellion.

CallMeIshmael
05-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I dont really know what happens in them, but there are a ton of books that follow the post RotJ adventures of Luke.

If Im not mistaken, Palpatine comes back somehow.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Lucas already conceived episodes 7-9 when the original movie came out. The problem was that he never thought he'd end up making more than 3 movies (4-6) so he changed episode 6. In its original form it was "Revenge of the Jedi", where Luke goes and joins his father on the dark side and it's the next generation that saves the galaxy.

They can still do the final 3 installments, but they have to re-do the ending of 6 for it to work.

tbach24
05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
How is it still your bday?

jstnrgrs
05-22-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lucas already conceived episodes 7-9 when the original movie came out. The problem was that he never thought he'd end up making more than 3 movies (4-6) so he changed episode 6. In its original form it was "Revenge of the Jedi", where Luke goes and joins his father on the dark side and it's the next generation that saves the galaxy.

They can still do the final 3 installments, but they have to re-do the ending of 6 for it to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. "Revenge of the Jedi" was a false name for ep6 that was intentionally leaked in an effort to prevent illegal copyright infringements. Lucas stated that real fans would realize that the title was wrong because the Jedi would never seek revenge.

Clarkmeister
05-22-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. "Revenge of the Jedi" was a false name for ep6 that was intentionally leaked in an effort to prevent illegal copyright infringements. Lucas stated that real fans would realize that the title was wrong because the Jedi would never seek revenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he crammed lots of stuff from what "would have been 7-9" is not wrong though.

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 12:06 PM
The most recent word on Episodes 7-9 is that Lucas does not think he'll be able to make them. However, Lucas' 16 year old son intends to be a film maker and has said he would like to eventually make the films.

I think there's a lot of truth in the view that the story was completed with Return of the Jedi. The sith have been eliminated with the deaths of the Emperor and Vader. While you can manufacture new villians like Zahn did in the Heir to the Empire novel trilogy, I don't think it will be the same.

trying2learn
05-22-2005, 12:08 PM
they're producing a tv show that takes place between episodes 3 and 4, right? that should be interesting - they've got some 19 odd years to fill.

Redmen62
05-22-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While you can manufacture new villians like Zahn did in the Heir to the Empire novel trilogy, I don't think it will be the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

While true that Star Wars is not the same without the dark/light jedi dynamic, I'll disagree with you here. The villain from the Zahn trilogy (Thrawn) goes one/two with Vader on my list for the greatest villain of all time, and I'm not sure which is which.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-22-2005, 01:31 PM
"Revenge of the Jedi" was a false name for ep6 that was intentionally leaked in an effort to prevent illegal copyright infringements.

I did not know that. I stand by the rest of my statement, though.

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Revenge of the Jedi" was a false name for ep6 that was intentionally leaked in an effort to prevent illegal copyright infringements.

I did not know that. I stand by the rest of my statement, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was some legitimate Revenge of the Jedi merchandise. They can be quite valuable. Here's a famous movie poster.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/swpostera01.jpg

[censored]
05-22-2005, 01:52 PM
I think if Lucas & co wanted to do another live action film the best era would be either 20 years after ROTJ or much much earlier then TPM which covers the rise and fall of the Sith.

I think directly after ROTJ is an great opportunity to do another animated series. If I was incharge I would have it done japanese anime style where the aimation is very detailed and the action is much more intense than US style animations, even the recent clone wars cartoons. Although the "adult" aspects of anime would have to be cut out, unless they wanted to delve into the leia and han solo relationship.

marsvolta619
05-22-2005, 02:23 PM
For an ep.7 idea, why not like 20 or 30 years after ROTJ, Leia and Han's child and possibly an effort by some Sith fanatics to kidnap and train him in the ways of the Sith. or something

wacki
05-22-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And han solo dies.

[censored]
05-22-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For an ep.7 idea, why not like 20 or 30 years after ROTJ, Leia and Han's child and possibly an effort by some Sith fanatics to kidnap and train him in the ways of the Sith. or something

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was a desire to create a part 7 the material is all there. I haven't read them but I understand the books cover quite a bit of time after ROTJ. I think there is a series directly after episode 6. then another which takes place a number of years later, with Luke reforming the Jedi and I think it also includes the Solo children. After that I believe there is a later one which takes place after Luke and Co are dead, although im not real sure about that last one.

daryn
05-22-2005, 03:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
they're producing a tv show that takes place between episodes 3 and 4, right? that should be interesting - they've got some 19 odd years to fill.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be awesome! we could see luke... uhh.. grow up! as .. uh.. a farmer!

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And han solo dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Han Solo is still alive in the most recent Star Wars EU (expanded universe) books. You may be thinking of Chewbacca. Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

Palpatine came back in a story called Dark Empire. Even big fans of the EU don't really like it much. Basically, the Emperor claims he switched his conciousness to new clone bodies on a regular basis. So, when he "died" on the second Death Star, he simply floated over to the planet where he stored his clones. Eventually, Luke went after him but Luke turned to the darkside to understand it better. Leia came to the rescue and saved Luke. While Palpatine tried to transfer his body again, Solo destroyed the last of his clones.

Sometimes, stories go to far in sci-fi/fantasy worlds.

wacki
05-22-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You may be thinking of Chewbacca. Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, my memory is good.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/jump/3191250

The original tale he mapped out didn't feature Ewoks or a second Death Star, and it culminated with the death of Han Solo. Princess Leia parts ways with Luke to lead those who survived her home planet's destruction.

Your post was a very interesting story though. Even though my source contradicts what you say, I think I'm going to trust your sources much more then mine.

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You may be thinking of Chewbacca. Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, my memory is good.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/ae/jump/3191250

The original tale he mapped out didn't feature Ewoks or a second Death Star, and it culminated with the death of Han Solo. Princess Leia parts ways with Luke to lead those who survived her home planet's destruction.

Your post was a very interesting story though. Even though my source contradicts what you say, I think I'm going to trust your sources much more then mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your memory may be good but you're not paying attention to what people are posting about. The poster you originally responded to (CallMeIshmael) and I are talking about the events in the Expanded Universe novels. You linked some article which discusses treatments George Lucas wrote in the '70s and later abandoned.

In the EU (expanded universe), Chewbacca dies about twenty years after the events of Return of the Jedi saving Han and Leia's son (Anakin Solo, I believe). Han is still kicking.

I've read a little about the treatments Lucas wrote up. The reason Return of the Jedi has another Death Star and ewoks is because that's how he originally intended to end Star Wars. But, in his first film, he didn't have the resources to create the large space battle we saw in RotJ. The ewoks would have been wookies. So, when RotJ was made, Lucas just made them short instead of tall. Lucas wanted a primnitive society to play a key role in defeating the Empire. Wookies weren't an option since Chewbacca was shown to be remarkably intelligent.

peachy
05-22-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And han solo dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Han Solo is still alive in the most recent Star Wars EU (expanded universe) books. You may be thinking of Chewbacca. Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

Palpatine came back in a story called Dark Empire. Even big fans of the EU don't really like it much. Basically, the Emperor claims he switched his conciousness to new clone bodies on a regular basis. So, when he "died" on the second Death Star, he simply floated over to the planet where he stored his clones. Eventually, Luke went after him but Luke turned to the darkside to understand it better. Leia came to the rescue and saved Luke. While Palpatine tried to transfer his body again, Solo destroyed the last of his clones.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did he owe him a life debt? from what?

wacki
05-22-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your memory may be good but you're not paying attention to what people are posting about. The poster you originally responded to (CallMeIshmael) and I are talking about the events in the Expanded Universe novels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the story lines were the same. My bad. Byt ya, I do scan OOT.

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And han solo dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how did he owe him a life debt? from what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Han rescued Chewie from slavery and/or execution by the Empire. As a result, Han lost his commissiion as an Imperial pilot.

None of this was discussed in the films. But, there is a very good trilogy of novels by A.C. Crispin which covers Solo's life before the events of Star Wars.

jasonHoldEm
05-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Are you a bigger star wars nerd or potter nerd?

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm much more excited about the new Potter book than I was about the Star Wars movie.

wacki
05-22-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm much more excited about the new Potter book than I was about the Star Wars movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but if movies 1 &amp; 2 were as good as Empire Strikes back and you didn't have kids, would this statement be true?

Stupid question, but I had to ask.... don't know why.

Matt Flynn
05-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Which book?

jasonHoldEm
05-22-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and you didn't have kids

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty has kids?

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and you didn't have kids

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty has kids?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I'm aware of.

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which book?

[/ QUOTE ]

On July 16, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be in bookstores everywhere.

Dynasty
05-22-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but if movies 1 &amp; 2 were as good as Empire Strikes back and you didn't have kids, would this statement be true?

Stupid question, but I had to ask.... don't know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/shrug2.gif It's hard to measue such things.

But, Star Wars and Harry Potter are two of four "entertainments" which I've obsessed over. The other two are the TV show Babylon 5 and the animated series Star Blazers. Star Trek (TOS, TNG, and DS9) are a close 5th.

wacki
05-22-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not that I'm aware of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr... I remember reading a post about someone reading a harry potter book to their kids. I assumed it was you. That's what I get for skimming.

jasonHoldEm
05-23-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other two are the TV show Babylon 5 and the animated series Star Blazers. Star Trek (TOS, TNG, and DS9) are a close 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stargate SG1? My roommate got me hooked a few months ago and I've been watching the series via netflix...sounds like it might be up your alley. I always thought it was stupid (wtf is MacGyver doing fighting aliens?), but then I saw the pilot and was hooked.

J

ClaytonN
05-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Any ideas that could come about and form an "Episode 7" just will not be the same.

The whole "bad guy" thing is gone.

Vader, dead.

Palpatine, dead.

Empire, gone!

In order for there to be an episode 7, the audience would have to become familiar with a whole new cast of characters and villains.

There was a sense of closure established with episode 6, and I don't think any director could overcome it.

GuyOnTilt
05-23-2005, 01:06 AM
I thought this was going to be about Star Wars Revelations. Has anybody seen this and is it worth downloading?

GoT

[censored]
05-23-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was going to be about Star Wars Revelations. Has anybody seen this and is it worth even downloading?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never heard of it until your post. I'm downloading it now and will post my thoughts once Im down with it.

Jazza
05-23-2005, 01:14 AM
wow, interesting poster

does this imply luke and vader switch sides, since luke now has the red light sabre and vader the blue? was this part of the whole movie title deception thing?

Soul Daddy
05-23-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, interesting poster

does this imply luke and vader switch sides, since luke now has the red light sabre and vader the blue? was this part of the whole movie title deception thing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Was it really a deception thing? The impression that I got from the DVD extra was that Lucas wanted to name it Return of the Jedi, but the distributor or whoever didn't like it, so Lucas appeased and went with Revenge. Then after filming, Lucas decided to change it back to the original title for the reasons stated above. Is this just spin? Or am I getting this completely wrong?

renodoc
05-23-2005, 02:08 AM
The whole "bad guy" thing is gone.

Vader, dead.

Palpatine, dead.

Neidermyer, Dead!

FYP

Daliman
05-23-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you like 35?

ClaytonN
05-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Who the hell is Neidermyer?

Matt Flynn
05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Already pre-ordered Potter.

So in which book does Chewbacca die?

Matt

mostsmooth
05-23-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he's a devil

Dominic
05-23-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, YOU'RE wrong. The original title was "Return." Lucas and the Producer both thought the stronger title was "Revenge," so they changed it...the false title while shooting episode 6 had "Harvest" in it, I don't remember the exact title....it was to throw off fans who were trying to seek out and watch the shooting....

They had printed up posters of "Revenge" before Lucas changed it back to the original title - "Return" - because, yes, Jedis do not seek revenge.

Lucas and the producer both agree that this is how the name came about - you can see it on that Star Wars doc that's playing on Bravo these days.

mostsmooth
05-23-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, YOU'RE wrong. The original title was "Return." Lucas and the Producer both thought the stronger title was "Revenge," so they changed it...the false title while shooting episode 6 had "Harvest" in it, I don't remember the exact title....it was to throw off fans who were trying to seek out and watch the shooting....

They had printed up posters of "Revenge" before Lucas changed it back to the original title - "Return" - because, yes, Jedis do not seek revenge.

Lucas and the producer both agree that this is how the name came about - you can see it on that Star Wars doc that's playing on Bravo these days.

[/ QUOTE ]
for some reason that "harvest" thing rings a bell
and btw, you guys are all nerds!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086190/)

Dynasty
05-23-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you like 35?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never let my imagination die.

Based on your question, it appears you did.

Daliman
05-23-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you like 35?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never let my imagination die.

Based on your question, it appears you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no. I think I'm a great poker player, don't I?

renodoc
05-23-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Marmalade Dead

Wermer Dead

Come on now, are you serious????

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

samjjones
05-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I am a huge SW fan. But the story is told. There is no need for an Episode VII bringing back the original cast. A SW TV show set between the two trilogies, on the other hand, is a great idea. They could focus on the rise of the Rebellion, introduce young Han Solo and his adventures with Chewbacca, bounty hunter stuff, Jabba the Hutt stuff, and best of all, Darth Vader (played by any guy in the suit with James Earl Jones doing the voice) flying around the galaxy killing any remaining Jedi and generally making everybody poop their pants in his presence. Lots of material there. Just let people other than Lucas be in charge of it...

SuitedSixes
05-23-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a genius. I think that today will be my birthday, too. And maybe tomorrow.

tbach24
05-23-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a genius. I think that today will be my birthday, too. And maybe tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I figured it out by day 3.

Soul Daddy
05-23-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no need for an Episode VII bringing back the original cast.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be insane. Have you seen Mark Hamill recently? He looks more like the Emperor than Luke Skywalker.

wacki
05-23-2005, 01:41 PM
Dynasty, you NEED to find a woman and start making little baby Dynasty's. The world needs more people like you and it would be a disservice to mankind if you didn't procreate. Your genetic material is just too valuable. The world NEEDS baby Dynasty's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jedi
05-23-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Chewie died saving Han and Leia's son, thus fufilling the life debt he's owed to Han for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was lame. The sky fell on him, Chicken Little style.

KDawgCometh
05-23-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU HAVE A PLEDGE PIN ON YOUR COAT. WHO SAID YOU COULD HAVE A PLEDGE PIN ON YOUR COAT

wacki
05-24-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty, you NEED to find a woman and start making little baby Dynasty's. The world needs more people like you and it would be a disservice to mankind if you didn't procreate. Your genetic material is just too valuable. The world NEEDS baby Dynasty's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump for pure embarrassment.

Chobohoya
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump for pure embarrassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Takes a lot of balls to self-bump that kind of post. I'm not sure if I'm impressed or more embarrassed for you.

Dynasty
05-24-2005, 01:21 PM
The idea of having kids sounds appealing for 2-3 hours a day. But, the other 21-22 hours sounds like too much work.

wacki
05-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Damn you!!!! Procreate!!!!!!!! Or donate to a sperm bank. The planet needs baby Dynasty's!!!!!

Oh well. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Here is something for you.... too many threads in OOT for it to get it's own.

LIGHT-SABRE DUEL PUTS TWO IN HOSPITAL

TWO Star Wars fans are in a critical condition in hospital after duelling with lightsabres made by filling fluorescent light tubes with petrol.

The pair - a man aged 20 and a girl of 17 - are believed to have been filming a mock fight when one of the devices exploded in woodland on Sunday.

They were rushed to West Herts Hospital before being transferred to the specialist burns unit at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, in Essex.

Police say a third person present at the incident was questioned.

LINKY (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/showbiz/tm_objectid=15552841&amp;method=full&amp;siteid=94762&amp;head line=light-sabre-duel-puts-two-in-hospital-name_page.html%5B/url%5Dhttp://www.mirror.co.uk/news/showbiz/tm_objectid=15552841&amp;method=full&amp;siteid=94762&amp;head line=light-sabre-duel-puts-two-in-hospital-name_page.html%5B/url%5D)