PDA

View Full Version : Blinds HU made middle pair OOP

thesharpie
05-22-2005, 10:31 AM
I think villian is a 2+2er, I'm not sure if he knows I am yet.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

In the real hand I called the river but this is how I think it should've been played (I'm not changing it because of results). The reason is I expect him to take a free showdown with a hand I beat, so I should even fold a blank river.

The turn I'm not so sure about. I probably have 5 outs if behind, but there's a chance I have the best hand, and it will probably only take this bet to find out as he should take a free showdown on the river with overcards.

topspin
05-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Why oh why would you complete Q6o here? Folded to you in the SB, raise or fold seems pretty much a no-brainer ...

EDIT: I assume your read is meant to imply that villain is tight and good enough to lay down a hand postflop? If so, I'd consider check-call the flop and check-raising another turn blank (like this one). You milk a bit more out of unimproved overcards, and you may even be able to get a hand like AT, 88, or 99 to lay it down.

thesharpie
05-22-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why oh why would you complete Q6o here? Folded to you in the SB, raise or fold seems pretty much a no-brainer

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually raise or fold any hand in the SB unless the BB is guaranteed to 3 bet, or call any raise, but for some reason I wanted to be polite to the name I recognized. No more Mr. nice guy in future now I know they'll 3 bet me on the flop!

Edit: First time I played with the guy so no read.

Nfinity
05-22-2005, 11:31 AM
I knew it was you. I was going to post this hand. You beat me to it.

I think your line is good on the Turn.

I think your judgement is good all around.

Nfinity
05-22-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to be polite to the name I recognized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered about the limp. Thought for sure you were going to raise and I was going to have to 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
No more Mr. nice guy in future

[/ QUOTE ]

I appologize. Next time, I'll limp in with you, and we can check it to the River, while hoding hands and eating gingersnaps.

I baked them myself.

thesharpie
05-22-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I knew it was you. I was going to post this hand. You beat me to it.

I think your line is good on the Turn.

I think your judgement is good all around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm raising this preflop next time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

By the way how many hands have you played at 1/2? It seems we've moved up limits about the same time. I've only played just over 1k hands.

Nfinity
05-22-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way how many hands have you played at 1/2? It seems we've moved up limits about the same time. I've only played just over 1k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have moved up about the same time, but I have a lot more free time than you.

I've played 20k at 1/2. Gawd, you'd think by this time I'd have a BB/100 hands that wasn't sh1t.

thesharpie
05-22-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have moved up about the same time, but I have a lot more free time than you.

I've played 20k at 1/2. Gawd, you'd think by this time I'd have a BB/100 hands that wasn't sh1t.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case you was probably playing 1/2 while I was at .50/1, I've only played about 14K at .50/1.

I'm at 11BB/100, I was at 18BB/100 for my first 900. I hope this is sustainable. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nfinity
05-22-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm at 11BB/100, I was at 18BB/100 for my first 900. I hope this is sustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder you limped in the SB. It's all so clear now. It was obviously a pre-emptive slow-play for when variance flops you a full house.

Please, oh please God, let me get as good as thesharpie.