PDA

View Full Version : KJo

MikeSpicoli
05-22-2005, 06:56 AM
What is the right play in this situation?

I have KJ o.

Flop shows 3 hearts and one is a J

I am UG+2 in a 4 way pot. UG+1 leads out.

ArturiusX
05-22-2005, 07:01 AM
Need a little more info. Preflop? Reads?

Fantam
05-22-2005, 10:06 AM
We need a bit more information Mike.

How big is the pot by now? Also what cards fell on the flop? Did you have top, middle or bottom pair? Was one of your cards a /images/graemlins/heart.gif? Did you have a back door straight draw?

Try using converter to display your hand for you. You will find a link for it from other hands displayed on posts.

Otherwise just try to be as specific as you can.

Meanwhile, if 3 of the same suit flop in a multiway pot, you need better odds to continue than normal, because the chance of a flush playing against you becomes higher than usual.

Also UTG betting into you, with 2 players still to act behind you suggests that he has a stronger hand than if he were just playing heads up against you.

The combination of factors would suggest a fold, even if you had top pair in this situation, particularly if the pot was unraised pre-flop and comparatively small.

Generally speaking, the only time that you should continue with marginal hands is when the pot has become very big and there is still some chance that you can win it.

thesharpie
05-22-2005, 10:44 AM
I fold KJo in UTG+2...

I usually raise TPGK on a one suit flop if it allows me to cut down their odds, but this pot is small, but I still do it.

btspider
05-22-2005, 11:15 AM
fold PF and raise the flop in general. you need to be specific when you come up with an example.