PDA

View Full Version : I feel delightfully feminine

SpaceAce
05-22-2005, 06:06 AM
Aggressive villain is 13/9/1.75.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (10.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (16.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 19.16 BB

I wanted the guy in between to stick around. I planned to get more bets in on any moderately safe turn card. The turn, in fact, was probably the worst card in the deck and it generated additional action. Still, this one has me squirming in my seat.

Feel free to tell me if you hate the pre-flop limp but I liked the table conditions at the time. Also, tell me what hands you put my opponents on.

SpaceAce

Stellastarr
05-22-2005, 06:10 AM
I probably play it the same. Would u like a box of cookies? Im a girl scout.
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Moozh
05-22-2005, 07:03 AM
The turn is a scary card, but one thing you need to think about is the pre-flop action. Your two aggressors are a pre-flop raiser and a cold-caller. Thus, it's very unlikely they have a 7.

So what would the button cold-call and then three-bet with? That's the real scary part, as 88 is a common cold-calling hand, as are suited broadways. Still, there other cold-calling hands, such as 99 and TT that you can't give them credit for the flush or straight immediately on the turn.

That said, I don't think raising does anything for you here, since there's a high chance of being re-raised by a better hand along with the fact that you have outs to improve on the river.

The river is very harmless and I think you have a very good chance of being ahead here. I'm torn between check-calling and betting out and potentially trapping CO for an extra bet. As it is, I think check-calling is fine.

Wepeel
05-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I actually like the flop call as this is a situation where you can make a play on the turn with a safe card showing up. The turn is good as you have odds to draw to your fullhouse. However, I think you are clearly beaten on the river, but sometimes you just need to throw the extra big bet in there just for sanity purposes.

WillMagic
05-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Where's the flop cap?

Other than that it seems fine.

Will

Jonathan
05-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I would cap the flop. You have a huge pot equity
edge at this point and you should get more money into the
pot.

Suerte,
Jonathan