PDA

View Full Version : I keep losing... some hands

Jake (The Snake)
05-22-2005, 03:56 AM
My losing streak is getting crazily frusturating right now (down 50 BB last 9k hands) so I'll keep posting the hands I think I'm screwing up with my thoughts. Tell me why I suck.

Villain in hand 1 is good, not great. I'd say he's probably read Lee Jones. No read in #2.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Was hoping a bet would come from late position on this one so that I could raise and be able to protect my hand. I can't believe the way villain (Lee Jones type) played his hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

I HATE being out of position heads up. I'm lost.

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:01 AM
I'd raise preflop in hand 1 and raise the flop (of course, the action wouldn't be exactly the same). You have top pair with 2nd kicker and an open ended straight draw! I'm definitely showing down in this huge pot after inevitably being raised, looks like I'd have lost a lot more than you.

I play hand 2 exactly the same way.

Scott_Baio
05-22-2005, 04:42 AM
hand one is a standard 3/6 (or 2/4) hand where you need to call the turn raise based on your outs and want to call the river based on hand strength and pot size, but you need to fold... I'm not a big fan of big folds on the river in low limits, but I don't think this is a big fold. On a board like that, unless you have a specific read on the player, you have to assume a turn raise = bigger hand than top pair.

Hand 2 is something that I seem to get myself into too, I think the answer is check/folding the turn. It might be weak, but I feel beat there way more than I'm ahead, and in the rare times I'm ahead, I think it will check through, and I can vaule check/call a blank river.

I could be convinced betting turn is ok, but you can't bet the river... you aren't getting a better hand to fold and only a few (poorly played) worse hands are calling here. Check to induce bluff and make the crying call if you think MP1 is capable of making the bluff.

Buck_65
05-22-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hand one is a standard 3/6 (or 2/4) hand where you need to call the turn raise based on your outs and want to call the river based on hand strength and pot size, but you need to fold... I'm not a big fan of big folds on the river in low limits, but I don't think this is a big fold. On a board like that, unless you have a specific read on the player, you have to assume a turn raise = bigger hand than top pair.

Hand 2 is something that I seem to get myself into too, I think the answer is check/folding the turn. It might be weak, but I feel beat there way more than I'm ahead, and in the rare times I'm ahead, I think it will check through, and I can vaule check/call a blank river.

I could be convinced betting turn is ok, but you can't bet the river... you aren't getting a better hand to fold and only a few (poorly played) worse hands are calling here. Check to induce bluff and make the crying call if you think MP1 is capable of making the bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not check fold the turn in hand 2, that is extremely weak.

ep510
05-22-2005, 05:21 AM
For hand 2, what kind of hand would villian just call with on the river? I'd say only 99 or 88. If he had a jack or overpair, you probably would've seen a raise by the turn.

If you check, the only hand I see him bluffing with is KQ. He would probably check along 99 or 88, causing you to miss a bet. But villian could easily have AK/AQ (maybe A10), in which case you lose 1 bet if you check call. Then again, this is pp and villian might have something absurd, so I like the check-call here.

-Eric

shant
05-22-2005, 05:22 AM
Hand 1: Raise preflop and then the hands plays differently, and more aggressively, after that.

Hand 2: Well played.